Mercedes-Benz launches the CLA 200 in India at Rs 31.5 lakh (ex-Delhi)
Mercedes-Benz takes its first stab this year at Audi's number one position, by launching the highly anticipated CLA 200 in India. The car is positioned below the recently launched C-Class and will cater to the entry luxury car segment in the country. The car is priced at Rs 31.5 lakh (ex-Delhi) for the base trim, the CLA Style, which gets 16-inch alloys but no Harman Kardon 12-speaker audio system or panoramic sunroof.
Mercedes-Benz India MD, Eberhard Kern, with the new CLA class sedan
The Mercedes-Benz CLA offers two engine options, one petrol and one diesel, each with a turbocharger, both of which will be paired to a 7-speed dual-clutch transmission. The 2.0-litre petrol engine produces 184PS, and 300Nm of torque from just 1,200 rpm and is available only in the Sport trim. The diesel unit displaces 2.1 litres, with a power output of 135PS and an identical torque figure but from a slightly higher 1,600 rpm. Both the Sport and the Style variants can be opted for with the diesel mill.
Prices for the Mercedes-Benz CLA 200 (ex-Delhi):
CLA 200 CDI Style Rs 31.5 lakh
CLA 200 CDI Sport Rs 35.9 lakh
CLA 200 Sport Rs 35 lakh
Starts Rs 31.72 Lakhs
Starts Rs 30.5 Lakhs
- NewsObituary: Gaurav Jani, solo motorcycling documentary filmmaker, is no more
- NewsAmerica's second-largest rental car company, Hertz, files for bankruptcy
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Kia launches the 'Kia Care' initiative
- News2020 Skoda Karoq SUV expected to be priced around Rs 27 lakh, on-road
- NewsVirtual 24 Hours of Le Mans to be held in June, participation from top teams confirmed
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!