Mercedes-Benz launches a new mobile service initiative for Tier - 2 and Tier - 3 called 'Service on Wheels'
Mercedes-Benz announced a new customer care initiative for its luxury car segment buyers today in Amritsar called 'Service on Wheels'.
Through this initiative, a service truck equipped with tools and professional service personnel are available to attend to customer cars, especially in Tier 2 and tier 3 cities where Mercedes-Benz doesn't have a direct presence.
Launch of the first Service on Wheels Truck by Mr. Roland Folger, Managing Director & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India and Mr. Santosh Iyer, Vice President-Customer Service, Retail Training and Corporate Affairs, Mercedes-Benz India
When a notification is sent, a mobile service truck will visit the customer's area and carry out the inspection, repairs and service of the car. The company says this is the first time a luxury car maker has launched such an initiative in the country. This has been tailor-made for the Indian market and is specifically targeted towards smaller cities.
Phase I will cover 15 such outposts like Jalgaon, Gandhinagar, Jamnagar, Valsad, Kutch, Amravati, Udupi, Bellary, Dharwad, etc. in 2018 and to other markets in 2019. Two trucks have been assigned for this purpose - one catering to markets in the North & East and the other to South & West.
Mercedes-Benz 'Service on Wheels' Truck
The trucks are state-of-the-art machines and equipped with Mercedes-Benz's 'Digital Service Drive' capabilities and are capable of carrying out first free inspection, service A & B and other jobs. The trucks will carry necessary parts, tools and equipment for this like a mobile lifting platform, standard and special tools, generator, diagnostic equipment and more.
Specially trained service advisors, VPC (Vehicle Preparation Centre) technicians, sales advisors along with other support staff accompany the Mercedes-Benz 'Service on Wheels' truck at each visiting location. For more intense repair work including body and paint works, the customer can also book workshop appointment at the 'Service on Wheels' by the service advisor.
Mr. Roland Folger, Managing Director & CEO and Mr. Santosh Iyer, Vice President-Customer Service, Retail Training and Corporate Affairs, Mercedes-Benz India at the launch of industry first service initiative 'Service on Wheels' by Mercedes-Benz India
A customer lounge has also been installed in the trucks, featuring customized interiors, comfortable seating space for six people, full vinyl flooring, 43-inch smart television and two split air-conditioners.
The company says the benefit of this initiative will be added transparency, a significant reduction in service time, first free inspection, hassle-free service experience at their doorstep.
- NewsSavita Oil Technologies to supply Tata Motors with original oils
- NewsMahindra Treo electric three-wheeler range with lithium-ion battery pack launched in India at Rs 1.36 lakh
- NewsImage gallery: Jawa and Jawa Forty Two launched in India
- NewsJawa Motorcycles launches the Jawa and Jawa Forty Two at Rs 1.64 lakh and Rs 1.55 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Motorcycles all-new range launched in India
- NewsNew-gen Maruti Suzuki Ertiga starts arriving at dealerships ahead of launch
- NewsMahindra to launch new Treo electric three-wheeler today
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 road test review
- NewsLive updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 launched in India at Rs 2.50 lakh, Continental GT 650 at Rs 2.65 lakh