Mercedes-Benz S 600 unveiled at Detroit Auto Show 2014
Mercedes has revealed the top of the line S-Class, the S 600 at the Detroit Auto Show. The S 600 has a 537PS biturbo V12 engine which also makes a huge 830Nm of torque. This high-pressure fuel injected engine comes with two turbochargers and Mercedes claims a 0-100kmph run in just 4.6seconds with an electronically limited top speed of 250kmph. The S 600 also has an outlook towards fuel efficiency. Mercedes claims that the big S will do nearly 11kmpl on a tankful, a 21 per cent improvement over its predecessor. Helping it achieve this fuel efficiency is the standard ECO start/stop and the lower kerb weight.
With this Mercedes, all the optional extras on the S 500 like Magic Body Control Suspension, Intelligent Light System, Driving Assistance package and Road Surface Scan come as standard
Wheelbase of the new S 600 is identical to the S 500
With this Mercedes, all the optional extras on the S 500 like Magic Body Control Suspension, Intelligent Light System, Driving Assistance package and Road Surface Scan come as standard. Wheelbase of the new S 600 is identical to the S 500. While it was speculated before the unveil that this will be the replacement for the Maybach, Mercedes says that there is a Pullman variant coming in later. The Pullman is expected to have a longer wheelbase.
- NewsMahendra Singh Dhoni's automobile collection: From a Mahindra tractor, ex-army offroader to a superfast SUV and more
- FeaturesPractical high-performance: Top super sedans in India
- News2020 Honda X-Blade BSVI launched in India at Rs 1.05 lakh
- News2020 Honda City RS turbo-petrol under consideration for India
- NewsYamaha to offer special finance scheme for frontline warriors of COVID19
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block