Mercedes-Benz S 600 unveiled at Detroit Auto Show 2014
Mercedes has revealed the top of the line S-Class, the S 600 at the Detroit Auto Show. The S 600 has a 537PS biturbo V12 engine which also makes a huge 830Nm of torque. This high-pressure fuel injected engine comes with two turbochargers and Mercedes claims a 0-100kmph run in just 4.6seconds with an electronically limited top speed of 250kmph. The S 600 also has an outlook towards fuel efficiency. Mercedes claims that the big S will do nearly 11kmpl on a tankful, a 21 per cent improvement over its predecessor. Helping it achieve this fuel efficiency is the standard ECO start/stop and the lower kerb weight.
With this Mercedes, all the optional extras on the S 500 like Magic Body Control Suspension, Intelligent Light System, Driving Assistance package and Road Surface Scan come as standard
Wheelbase of the new S 600 is identical to the S 500
With this Mercedes, all the optional extras on the S 500 like Magic Body Control Suspension, Intelligent Light System, Driving Assistance package and Road Surface Scan come as standard. Wheelbase of the new S 600 is identical to the S 500. While it was speculated before the unveil that this will be the replacement for the Maybach, Mercedes says that there is a Pullman variant coming in later. The Pullman is expected to have a longer wheelbase.
- NewsVideo Worth Watching: Street's Not Dead
- News2019 Volkswagen Touareg unveiled in Beijing
- NewsYamaha cuts prices of YZF-R1 by Rs 2.6 lakh, MT-09 by Rs 1.3 lakh
- NewsProduction-spec Tata H5X SUV seen in camouflage
- NewsRoyal Enfield Thunderbird 350 launched in Australia as Rumbler 350
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm: Abhishek Mishra dominates Leg 4
- NewsRefreshed Bajaj Pulsar 150 spotted before March-end launch
- NewsFord and Mahindra to co-develop SUVs and EVs
- NewsMahindra-owned Pininfarina to turn carmaker, launch EV hypercar