Mercedes-Benz S 600 unveiled at Detroit Auto Show 2014
Mercedes has revealed the top of the line S-Class, the S 600 at the Detroit Auto Show. The S 600 has a 537PS biturbo V12 engine which also makes a huge 830Nm of torque. This high-pressure fuel injected engine comes with two turbochargers and Mercedes claims a 0-100kmph run in just 4.6seconds with an electronically limited top speed of 250kmph. The S 600 also has an outlook towards fuel efficiency. Mercedes claims that the big S will do nearly 11kmpl on a tankful, a 21 per cent improvement over its predecessor. Helping it achieve this fuel efficiency is the standard ECO start/stop and the lower kerb weight.
With this Mercedes, all the optional extras on the S 500 like Magic Body Control Suspension, Intelligent Light System, Driving Assistance package and Road Surface Scan come as standard
Wheelbase of the new S 600 is identical to the S 500
With this Mercedes, all the optional extras on the S 500 like Magic Body Control Suspension, Intelligent Light System, Driving Assistance package and Road Surface Scan come as standard. Wheelbase of the new S 600 is identical to the S 500. While it was speculated before the unveil that this will be the replacement for the Maybach, Mercedes says that there is a Pullman variant coming in later. The Pullman is expected to have a longer wheelbase.
- FeaturesIndependence Quattro Drive 2018: From Chandigarh to Leh
- NewsDrag strip-only Ford Mustang Cobra Jet unveiled
- NewsMahindra Marazzo MPV to be launched in India on September 3
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Pre-scrutiny image gallery
- NewsHarley-Davidson India rolls out new Street to Softail trade-in offer
- NewsKerala floods: Nissan India offers service support to affected customers
- NewsHero MotoCorp re-enters used two-wheeler business with Hero Sure in India
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift to get more safety features
- NewsTata Nexon compact SUV crosses the 50,000 production mark
- NewsAutomobili Pininfarina PF0 all-electric concept hypercar interior revealed