Mercedes-Benz S 600 unveiled at Detroit Auto Show 2014
Mercedes has revealed the top of the line S-Class, the S 600 at the Detroit Auto Show. The S 600 has a 537PS biturbo V12 engine which also makes a huge 830Nm of torque. This high-pressure fuel injected engine comes with two turbochargers and Mercedes claims a 0-100kmph run in just 4.6seconds with an electronically limited top speed of 250kmph. The S 600 also has an outlook towards fuel efficiency. Mercedes claims that the big S will do nearly 11kmpl on a tankful, a 21 per cent improvement over its predecessor. Helping it achieve this fuel efficiency is the standard ECO start/stop and the lower kerb weight.
With this Mercedes, all the optional extras on the S 500 like Magic Body Control Suspension, Intelligent Light System, Driving Assistance package and Road Surface Scan come as standard
Wheelbase of the new S 600 is identical to the S 500
With this Mercedes, all the optional extras on the S 500 like Magic Body Control Suspension, Intelligent Light System, Driving Assistance package and Road Surface Scan come as standard. Wheelbase of the new S 600 is identical to the S 500. While it was speculated before the unveil that this will be the replacement for the Maybach, Mercedes says that there is a Pullman variant coming in later. The Pullman is expected to have a longer wheelbase.
Team OD | 12 Feb 2019
Team OD | 14 Feb 2019
- NewsSpec Comparo: Benelli TRK 502X vs Kawasaki Versys X 300 vs SWM SuperDual T
- News2019 Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220 ABS spied, priced Rs 1.26 lakh on-road Mumbai
- NewsConfirmed: Benelli to launch Leoncino 500, Imperiale 400 and 502C motorcycles in India this year
- NewsRenault Kwid EV production version spotted testing for the first time
- News2019 Geneva Motor Show: Audi Q4 e-tron concept sketches unveiled
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani