Mercedes-Benz S-Class Connoisseurs Edition launched in India at Rs 1.21 crore
Mercedes-Benz has launched the S-Class Connoisseur's Edition in India and the S 350d variant costs Rs 1.21 crore (ex-Pune). The Mercedes-Benz S 400 Connoisseur's Edition is priced at Rs 1.32 crore. The Connoisseur's Edition offers a couple of extra features over the standard car and the first one is called the Night View Assist Plus. This system uses two infrared lamps, an infrared camera and a thermal imaging camera to prevent accidents at night. The infrared lamps and camera throw up a night-vision image of the road on the cockpit display in a hazardous situation. The thermal imaging camera, meanwhile, displays heat signatures to help differentiate between inanimate objects and people and animals.
The Mercedes-Benz S-Class Connoisseur's Edition also features what the brand calls an executive seat for the rear passenger sitting on the left side. This seat features a 43.5-degree recline function and an extending thigh support. The seat also features a cushion bag which is deployed in the event of a frontal collision. This prevents the passenger from sliding under the seat belt. Another feature in this car is the Air-Balance package. This feature gives the passenger a choice of six fragrances to choose from, and a system which ionises and optimises the filtering of incoming and recirculating air.
The Mercedes-Benz S 350d features a 3.0-litre V6 turbodiesel engine which produces 258PS of power and 620Nm of torque, and has a claimed 0-100kmph time of 6.8s. The Mercedes-Benz S 400, meanwhile, gets a 3.0-litre twin-turbocharged V6 petrol which puts out 333PS and 480Nm. Mercedes claims that it will do 0-100kmph in 6.1s. Both cars get a 7-speed automatic transmission and a limited top speed of 250kmph.
Starts Rs 1.36 Crore
- NewsTravellers can now travel to Uttarakhand, Goa and Himachal Pradesh, have to follow guidelines
- NewsCEAT launches GoSafe S95 Face Masks, forays into personal protective equipment business
- News2020 Audi RS7 Sportback to be launched in India on July 16
- NewsHero MotoCorp gives 100 scooters to women police officers of Gorakhpur Police Department
- NewsRenault Kwid RXL 1.0L launched at Rs.4.16 lakh in India
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block