Mercedes-Benz S-Class Connoisseurs Edition launched in India at Rs 1.21 crore
Mercedes-Benz has launched the S-Class Connoisseur's Edition in India and the S 350d variant costs Rs 1.21 crore (ex-Pune). The Mercedes-Benz S 400 Connoisseur's Edition is priced at Rs 1.32 crore. The Connoisseur's Edition offers a couple of extra features over the standard car and the first one is called the Night View Assist Plus. This system uses two infrared lamps, an infrared camera and a thermal imaging camera to prevent accidents at night. The infrared lamps and camera throw up a night-vision image of the road on the cockpit display in a hazardous situation. The thermal imaging camera, meanwhile, displays heat signatures to help differentiate between inanimate objects and people and animals.
The Mercedes-Benz S-Class Connoisseur's Edition also features what the brand calls an executive seat for the rear passenger sitting on the left side. This seat features a 43.5-degree recline function and an extending thigh support. The seat also features a cushion bag which is deployed in the event of a frontal collision. This prevents the passenger from sliding under the seat belt. Another feature in this car is the Air-Balance package. This feature gives the passenger a choice of six fragrances to choose from, and a system which ionises and optimises the filtering of incoming and recirculating air.
The Mercedes-Benz S 350d features a 3.0-litre V6 turbodiesel engine which produces 258PS of power and 620Nm of torque, and has a claimed 0-100kmph time of 6.8s. The Mercedes-Benz S 400, meanwhile, gets a 3.0-litre twin-turbocharged V6 petrol which puts out 333PS and 480Nm. Mercedes claims that it will do 0-100kmph in 6.1s. Both cars get a 7-speed automatic transmission and a limited top speed of 250kmph.
Starts Rs 1.19 Crore
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsKia installs framework of its new manufacturing plant in Andhra Pradesh
- NewsMotoGP: Tech3 and Yamaha to part ways after 2018 season
- Review2018 Yamaha MT-09 first ride review
- NewsSkoda India to hike prices of all models
- NewsDucati launches extended warranty program in India
- News2018 F1: All the Formula 1 cars for the upcoming season launched so far
- NewsF2 2018: Arjun Maini signs with Trident for FIA Formula 2 Championship
- Review2018 TVS Apache RR 310 road test review
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids