Mercedes-Benz S400 launched in India at Rs 1.31 crore
Mercedes-Benz India has added one more variant to the ultra luxurious S-Class family. The German luxury car band has launched the S400 at Rs 1.31 crore (ex-Hyderabad). This is the third launch this year for the German brand after the GLE450AMG, Mercedes-Maybach S600 Guard. Sitting below the flagship S500, the new S400 doesn't miss on any of the comforts and features offered on the top of the line model, but is a less powerful and relatively affordable variant.
The timeless design of the new Mercedes-Benz S-Class is retained in the S400, and the visible difference from other models is only the badge at the rear. Inside too, every bit of the cabin arrangement and features offered has been carried over from the S500 model. The seats come draped in Nappa leather and are extremely comfortable with oodles of legroom and headroom. The amount of functions and features that are offered in the S-Class family is simply mind blowing.
The major difference in the S400 is what lies under the hood. The S500 houses a 4,663cc V8 petrol motor that makes 460PS and 700Nm while the S400 comes with a smaller 3-litre V6 petrol engine which makes 329PS and 480Nm. This motor too is paired with a 7-speed automatic transmission. Positioned between the S500 petrol and the S350CDI, the S400 petrol is pitched as a more 'practical' offering for the audience who want to enjoy the luxury of the ultra niche class at a relatively 'affordable' price tag.
Starts Rs 1.33 Crore
- Features2018 Jaguar F-Type P300 R-Dynamic - things you will like, and some you may not
- NewsMaruti Suzuki S-Cross crosses one lakh sales figure
- NewsSpec Comparo: Hyundai Santro vs Tata Tiago vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio
- News2018 Hyundai Santro: Launch image gallery
- News2018 Hyundai Santro launched in India at Rs 3.90 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Hyundai Santro India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 bookings open in India
- NewsUpcoming Tata Harrier SUV undergoes handling tests in new video
- News2019 Yamaha FZ FI spotted testing in India