Mercedes-Benz to launch EQS, all electric S-Class equivalent, in 2020
Mercedes-Benz will introduce the EQS all-electric luxury sedan in 2020. The Mercedes-Benz EQS will a zero-emission equivalent of the top of the line S-Class. However, the EQS will not just be an electric S-Class, project head of Mercedes-Benz large cars Michael Kelz said. The Mercedes-Benz EQS electric sedan will sit at the top of the Mercedes EQ electric vehicle (EV) range which made its debut in 2016 with Concept EQ has since spawned three different concepts including the EQA hatchback, the EQC SUV, as well as the smart EQ fortwo and EQ forfour. The Mercedes EQS will be based on the new Mercedes-Benz MEA architecture, unlike the S-Class.
Mercedes-Benz Concept EQA
The Mercedes-Benz S-Class is underpinned by the MRA architecture which can only accommodate plugin or hybrid powertrains, and not all-electric ones. Kelz further stated that overhangs would become shorter and wheelbases longer in the future to allow sleek low-riding sedan bodies. This would make them more capable of accepting electric powertrains.
Mercedes-Benz Concept EQ
Exact details of the EQS powertrain and design remain scarce at the moment, but Kelz also confirmed that the EQS already exists in concept form. We can expect it to carry the same illuminated highlights and digital grille styling from the EQA and EQC concepts. Mercedes-Benz has grand plans for electrification and will have at least three EQ range models in production by 2020, and 10 by 2022.
Starts Rs 31.72 Lakhs
Starts Rs 1.36 Crore
- NewsUpcoming crossovers expected to launch in India by end of 2020
- NewsMG Hector BSVI diesel prices start at Rs 13.88 lakh
- NewsBajaj-KTM developing e-mopeds for India, expected launch in 2022
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Honda 2Wheelers pledges support to its dealerships
- NewsMahindra Scorpio BSVI: What has changed?
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055