Mercedes-Benz to launch the new E-Class LWB in India on February 28, 2017
Mercedes-Benz will launch the updated E-Class in India on February 28, 2017. The new E-Class will be sold in India in long-wheelbase guise only and will be available with both petrol and diesel engines from the onset.
Mercedes-Benz India has been selling the old E-Class for quite some time in the country. However, the V213 codenamed E-Class LWB is the exact spec as the refreshed W213 model which was showcased last year and has been on sale in Europe ever since. Mercedes has been selling this new E-Class as a LWB trim in China, however in left hand drive guise. It is for the first time though that the right-hand drive models will be rolled out and it will be a huge investment for Mercedes-Benz India. The E has been the best selling model for the company and it hopes to continue the trend with the new model as well, thereby recovering the extra investments within a short span of time.
The E-Class LWB will be the longest car in its class and is expected to be the roomiest as well, with 140mm of extra space.There will be the familiar 3.0-litre 262PS/620Nm turbodiesel engine in the E350d and the 242PS 2.0-litre turbopetrol in the E300. Both the engines will be mated to a 9-speed automatic transmission. There will also be the Eco start/stop button available with both the models.
There are many changes to the new E-Class and these include full LED headlamps, an even more striking design language as well as increased space even in the standard models. Speaking of which, Mercedes-Benz India will not launch the regular E-Class here. Expect prices to start from Rs 60 lakh onwards. More details on the new Mercedes-Benz E-Class will be available at launch.
Starts Rs 57.47 Lakhs
Starts Rs 31.72 Lakhs
Team OD | 14 Feb 2019
- NewsHonda CBR650R bookings open in India, to be priced under Rs 8 lakh
- News2020 Range Rover Evoque spied in India
- News2019 Geneva Motor Show: 2020 Ssangyong Korando SUV revealed
- NewsMG Motor to launch eZS electric SUV in India by end-2019
- NewsNew-gen Nissan Livina MPV is a rival to Maruti Suzuki Ertiga and Honda BR-V
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani