Mercedes-Benz to launch the new E-Class LWB in India on February 28, 2017
Mercedes-Benz will launch the updated E-Class in India on February 28, 2017. The new E-Class will be sold in India in long-wheelbase guise only and will be available with both petrol and diesel engines from the onset.
Mercedes-Benz India has been selling the old E-Class for quite some time in the country. However, the V213 codenamed E-Class LWB is the exact spec as the refreshed W213 model which was showcased last year and has been on sale in Europe ever since. Mercedes has been selling this new E-Class as a LWB trim in China, however in left hand drive guise. It is for the first time though that the right-hand drive models will be rolled out and it will be a huge investment for Mercedes-Benz India. The E has been the best selling model for the company and it hopes to continue the trend with the new model as well, thereby recovering the extra investments within a short span of time.
The E-Class LWB will be the longest car in its class and is expected to be the roomiest as well, with 140mm of extra space.There will be the familiar 3.0-litre 262PS/620Nm turbodiesel engine in the E350d and the 242PS 2.0-litre turbopetrol in the E300. Both the engines will be mated to a 9-speed automatic transmission. There will also be the Eco start/stop button available with both the models.
There are many changes to the new E-Class and these include full LED headlamps, an even more striking design language as well as increased space even in the standard models. Speaking of which, Mercedes-Benz India will not launch the regular E-Class here. Expect prices to start from Rs 60 lakh onwards. More details on the new Mercedes-Benz E-Class will be available at launch.
Starts Rs 56.47 Lakhs
Starts Rs 31.72 Lakhs
- NewsNew Porsche 911 GT3 RS laps the Nurburgring in under 7 minutes
- NewsYamaha Tenere 700 prototype spied testing in Italy
- News2018 INRC: Vicky Chandhok to compete in Chennai Rally in a VW Polo R2
- News2018 Honda Amaze showcased in TVC before launch on May 16
- News2018 Tata Nexon AMT bookings open at Rs 11,000 across India
- NewsBMW iX3 Concept teased before Beijing auto show reveal
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez claims dominant win at COTA
- NewsMahindra Electric and Meru to ply eVerito EV cabs in Hyderabad
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 catches attention of Prince William
- NewsMahindra (Ssangyong) G4 Rexton spotted testing in India