Mercedes-Benz to launch the S400 petrol in India on March 29, 2016
Mercedes-Benz will launch the S400 in India on March 29, 2016. The Mercedes-Benz S400 has a 3-litre, V6 petrol that produces 329PS and 480Nm. A 7-speed or 9-speed automatic gearbox will be paired with this engine. Internationally, the S400 is sold as a Hybrid, however, Mercedes Benz India has no plans of launching this trim.
The S400 will get all the goodies that are present in all S-Class models. This includes the air-suspension and rear wheel drive. What one also gets is top notch cabin quality, space and the comfort that's the S-Class' forte.
The international models get the Magic Body Control that adjusts the dampers as per the road conditions. The system uses a radar to scan the road surface, and hence it will not be offered in India due to government regulations. The other petrol powered S-Class is the S500 with a V8 petrol. For those who were looking for a petrol powered S-Class with sensible running costs, the S400 should serve as the ideal choice.
The S400 will be positioned between the S350d and the S500. Expect the price to hover around the Rs 1.2 crore to 1.4 crore (ex-Delhi) mark.
- NewsFord Freestyle priced lower than the Figo hatch and the Aspire sedan, here's why
- NewsVolvo wants half its sales to come from electric vehicles by 2025
- NewsVW Motorsport India takes its Customer Sport programme to all three INRC categories
- News2018 Mini Countryman to launch in India on May 3
- News2018 Honda Amaze: Everything you need to know
- NewsFord Freestyle launched in India at Rs 5.09 lakh
- NewsTVS Sport Silver Alloy edition launched in India at Rs 38,961
- NewsSpec comparison: Suzuki GSX-S750 vs Kawasaki Z900 vs Triumph Street Triple RS and S
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Ford Freestyle India launch
- NewsBMW iX3 concept all-electric crossover debuts at Auto China 2018