Mercedes-Benz X-Class pickup truck could get V8 option
The Mercedes-Benz X-Class is a pick-up truck that the carmaker sells in Europe, parts of Asia and Australia. The car is similar in function to something like the Isuzu D-max sold here but is obviously more upmarket. In fact, the X-Class is closely related to the Nissan Navara pick-up truck. But given the more up-market positioning, it comes with a nicer interior and most safety and comfort features you would expect to find in a car of this class.
The X-Class currently comes in three engine options internationally. There are two diesels, the first is a 2.3-litre four-cylinder Nissan derived motor which puts out 163PS/190PS and 403/450 Nm. The second diesel option is the recently launched 3.0-litre V6 which puts out 258PS and 550Nm. A 2.0-litre petrol engine is also available with 166PS. These are mated to a 6-speed manual or 7-speed automatic. Four-wheel drive is also available.
Interestingly, a Mercedes representative has stated that the company could also look at a V8 option for this vehicle. This will most likely be a detuned version of the 4.0-litre twin-turbo AMG V8 which should put out around 450PS.
The X-Class pick-up truck, if launched in India, could be a great niche product for Mercedes-Benz. The company has been very aggressive with its product launches in India of late and this vehicle may appeal to buyers looking for a cheaper but hardier alternative to the company's lineup of SUVs and crossovers.
Starts Rs 31.72 Lakhs
- ReviewBMW G 310 GS first ride review
- ReviewBMW G 310 R first ride review
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS official accessories from BMW Motorrad India
- News2018 Honda Navi gets two new colours, priced at Rs. 44,775
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS service costs and warranty
- NewsImage gallery: BMW G 310 R launched in India at Rs 2.99 lakh
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport partners with Wheels India to develop new forged alloy wheels for the Vento TC4-A touring car
- NewsBig Boy Toyz inaugurates showroom in Mumbai
- NewsNew-generation Lexus ES 300h bookings open in India, priced at Rs 59.13 lakh
- News2018 Honda Jazz launched in India at Rs 7.35 lakh