Mercedes GL63 AMG to be launched in India on April 15
Mercedes will be launching the GL63 AMG in India on April 15. The price tag has not been fixed yet but we expect it to be upwards of one crore rupees.
2012 Mercedes-Benz GL63 AMG
The GL63 AMG SUV gets a monstrous 5.5litre, bi-turbo V8 which produces 565PS and has a massive torque figure of 760Nm. This engine coupled with a seven-speed transmission propels this behemoth from standstill to 100kmph in a claimed 4.9 seconds. The power delivery is taken to all the four wheels by Mercedes' 4-Matic drive system.
The SUV will get luxurious interiors and the sporty nature of this SUV will be apparent over here as well, from the three spoke AMG steering wheel to the sport seats. The cabin gets a luxurious theme and has ventilated seats, Harman Kardon audio system, Sirius satellite radio, panoramic sunroof, tri-zone automatic climate control and a navigation system among many other goodies.
The drive and handling characteristics are enhanced by making use of automatic level control, independent damper struts, AIRMATIC air springs, Adaptive Damping System (ADS) and Active Curve System.
How many of the above features make it to the Indian version remains to be seen and more clarity will come up on this front as the launch comes closer.
- NewsJuly 2020 sales: Honda 2Wheeler sold 3.09 lakh two-wheelers in India
- NewsBMW 320d Sport relaunched in India, priced at Rs 42.10 lakh
- NewsSkoda Auto appoints Thomas Schafer as new chairman
- FeaturesMumbai rains: Steps you need to take to protect your car
- NewsTVS Motor Company sold 2.43 lakh units of two-wheelers in July 2020