Mercedes GL63 AMG to be launched in India on April 15
Mercedes will be launching the GL63 AMG in India on April 15. The price tag has not been fixed yet but we expect it to be upwards of one crore rupees.
2012 Mercedes-Benz GL63 AMG
The GL63 AMG SUV gets a monstrous 5.5litre, bi-turbo V8 which produces 565PS and has a massive torque figure of 760Nm. This engine coupled with a seven-speed transmission propels this behemoth from standstill to 100kmph in a claimed 4.9 seconds. The power delivery is taken to all the four wheels by Mercedes' 4-Matic drive system.
The SUV will get luxurious interiors and the sporty nature of this SUV will be apparent over here as well, from the three spoke AMG steering wheel to the sport seats. The cabin gets a luxurious theme and has ventilated seats, Harman Kardon audio system, Sirius satellite radio, panoramic sunroof, tri-zone automatic climate control and a navigation system among many other goodies.
The drive and handling characteristics are enhanced by making use of automatic level control, independent damper struts, AIRMATIC air springs, Adaptive Damping System (ADS) and Active Curve System.
How many of the above features make it to the Indian version remains to be seen and more clarity will come up on this front as the launch comes closer.
- NewsVolvo XC40 gets 200 bookings in a fortnight, two new variants now also available
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS recalled in the US
- NewsJaguar F-Type now available with 2.0-litre Ingenium petrol, starting at Rs 90.93 lakh
- NewsIndian Automotive Artist Vidita Singh to exhibit her art work at Pebble Beach Concours
- NewsVolkswagen I.D R Pikes Peak wins hill climb shootout at 2018 Goodwood Festival of Speed
- NewsTVS Apache RR310 can now be had with an Akrapovic Racing Line exhaust system
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS to have a 2-3 month long waiting period in India
- NewsYamaha Cygnus Ray ZR Street Rally launched in India at Rs 57,898
- NewsMobile showroom from Audi to tour more than 30 cities in India
- Review2018 Toyota Yaris V MT road test review