Mercedes launches new 2013 E-Class at Rs 41.50 lakh
Mercedes-Benz has launched the facelift of its best selling model, the E-Class with two engine options. The car, which has received a significant design update, comes with a 2.0-litre petrol and a 2.1-litre diesel engine in its new avatar. The petrol is priced at ? 41.50 lakh while the more efficient and torquey diesel carries a price tag of ? 44.48 lakh, both ex-showroom in Delhi. Both versions are available in just the top-of-the-line Avantgarde trim. According to Mercedes, its customers only expect a fully-loaded car, especially in this category, and therefore it has done away with cheaper Classic and Elegance versions. Having just one trim and limited colour options also helps with managing inventory a great deal, both at the company and dealership ends. Mercedes has also launched a limited-edition version of the E 250 CDI for ? 49.90 lakh, of which only 100 units will be available.
Mercedes E-Class W213
Mercedes has been on a launch offensive since the beginning of the year in a bid to regain its number one position at the luxury end of the market. Besides the new E-Class, Mercedes forayed into the hatchback segment with the launch of the A and B-Class and it also updated its full sized SUV, the GL-Class, a little over a month back. Getting back to number one this year itself might be a huge ask for the company, but with its product lineup set to expand further with the launch of the CLA sedan and the GLA SUV next year, 2014 seems extremely promising for the German car maker.
For more on the new E-Class read our exclusive road test here.
- News2020 Honda City RS turbo-petrol under consideration for India
- NewsYamaha to offer special finance scheme for frontline warriors of COVID19
- NewsBSVI petrol 2020 Land Rover Discovery Sport and Range Rover Evoque launched in India, prices start from Rs 57.99 lakh
- NewsFour-wheeler launches that took place in India during COVID19
- News2020 MG ZS facelift revealed internationally
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block