Mercedes-Maybach G 650 Landaulet final unit to be auctioned for charity
Mercedes-Maybach's last G 650 Landaulet ultra-luxury SUV to ever be produced is set to be auctioned for charity. The Mercedes-Maybach G650 Landaulet with a soft top, based on the Mercedes-Benz G-Class was revealed at the 2017 Geneva Auto Show. At the time, Mercedes-Maybach had said that 98 of the G 650 Landaulet's 99-unit production had already been sold. However, what came of the 99th unit of this Mercedes-Maybach model was not known until now. The final unit of the G 650 Landaulet will go under the auction hammer for charity at a Bonhams auction at Belgium in October. Bonhams has stated that all additional fees and taxes associated with the auction of the Mercedes-Maybach G 650 Landaulet have been waived, which means the entire amount received will be donated towards Laureus Sport for Good foundation. Mercedes-Maybach parent Mercedes-Benz has a longstanding association with this charity. The Mercedes-Maybach G 650 Landaulet is priced at approximately Rs 4.86 crore, however, the company expects that the final bid at the auction will exceed this number.
The 99th Mercedes-Maybach G 650 Landaulet will be auctioned for Laureus Sport for Good foundation.
The Mercedes-Maybach G650 is the third G-based model from the ultra-luxury arm of Mercedes-Benz, after the G 63 6x6, and the G 500 4x42. It has the same 6.0-litre biturbo V12 from the Mercedes-AMG S 65 Coupe, which produces 630PS and 1,000Nm. The G650 Landaulet also gets the portal axles from the G 500 4x42 and rear seats from a Mercedes-Maybach S-Class, and differential locks, all housed in a chassis which is half a metre longer than the standard G-Class wheelbase. The standout feature on the Landaulet is the convertible fabric soft top. The interior including heated cup holders and a 10-inch infotainment system was befitting any vehicle carrying the exclusive Maybach emblem.
Starts Rs 2.19 Crore
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000