Mercedes-Maybach S 500 launched in India at Rs 1.67 crore
Along with the Mercedes-Maybach S 600, the German carmaker has also launched the Maybach S 500 at Rs 1.67 crore, ex-Pune. Although the Maybach S 600 will be sold as a CBU, the S 500 variant will be assembled in India. It will be identical to the Maybach S 600 in terms of dimensions and features. The difference between the two, however, is the engine. While the Maybach S 600 gets a 530PS/830Nm 6.0-litre V12, the S 500 will run a 4.6-litre V8 which is capable of 455PS and 700Nm of torque. The S 500's V8 is mated to a 9-speed 9G-Tronic automatic transmission.
Features on the S 500 include massage function on all seats, Magic Sky control and also Mercedes' Magic Body Control. Like the S 600, the Mercedes-Maybach S 500 is 207mm longer than the S-Class and features new 19-inch wheels and an optional 20-inch set. The interior too is similar to the S 600 and uses Nappa leather, metal and wood.
Bookings for the S 500 start today while, believe it or not, the S 600 is already sold out.
- NewsLamborghini inaugurates a showroom in New Delhi, India
- NewsBSVI Mahindra XUV500 spotted on test - Launch expected early 2020
- NewsUpcoming 2020 Honda Jazz teased ahead of global debut
- NewsHyundai Venue SUVs set out on the third Great India Drive
- Review2020 Bentley Flying Spur W12 First Drive Review