Mercedes-Maybach S 600 Guard to be launched in India on March 8, 2016
Mercedes-Maybach will launch the S 600 Guard in India on March 8, 2016. Although the S 600 Guard showcased at the 2016 Auto Expo was an older model with a VR9 protection rating (similar to the Mercedes-Benz S 600 Guard that we drove), there was an updated version which was just unveiled internationally. The new Mercedes-Maybach S 600 Guard has been inspected by Germany's Federal Office of Criminal Investigation and passed the VR10 protection level and ERV 2010 rating (Explosive Resistant Vehicles). This means that the Mercedes-Maybach S 600 Guard can hold out bullets and rocket-propelled grenades.
The Mercedes-Maybach S 600 Guard gets special steel integrated into between the structure and the outer skin, while a polycarbonate coating has been used on the inside of the windows for splinter protection. Although the fuel tank isn't armoured, it is coated with a special material that automatically seals up any holes in case of a hit. The Mercedes-Maybach S 600 Guard also gets Proceed On Function run-flat technology which features steel rings in the Michelin PAX tyres to ensure that they don't slip off if there's a flat. The Mercedes-Maybach S 600 Guard is powered by a 6.0-litre, twin-turbo V12 engine that produces 523PS of power and 829.8Nm of torque.
As of now we aren't sure whether India will get the version that was shown at the 2016 Auto Expo or the new version that was revealed internationally. We are awaiting confirmation from Mercedes-Benz India on the same and will update this story as soon as we hear from them.
More from OVERDRIVE:
Starts Rs 1.86 Crore
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
- NewsImage gallery: TVS Apache RTR 200 Fi Ethanol
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Thar Wanderlust SUV at the 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Sports EV concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsImage gallery: Tata Tigor and Tiago JTP showcased at 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R15 v3
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R6
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha MT-09 Tracer and MT-09 Tracer GT
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Stinger concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Tamo Racemo showcased, image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Honda Civic