Mercedes-Maybach S 600 launched in India at Rs 2.6 crore
Mercedes-Benz has launched the opulent Maybach S 600 in India at Rs 2.6 crore, ex-Pune. The Mercedes-Maybach S 600 will be sold as a CBU in India. The Mercedes-Maybach S 600 is based on the S-Class, and while the two cars might look similar, the Maybach S 600's wheelbase is 207mm longer. Although that's pretty long, it's still shorter than the older Maybach 62. It features new 19-inch wheels with a 20-inch set offered as optional.
The Mercedes-Maybach S 600 runs a 6.0-litre V12 that puts out 530PS and 830Nm. This engine is mated to a 7-speed automatic that gets this 2.3-tonne car to a 100kmph in just 5 seconds, as the company claims (see our road test review here). The Maybach S 600 comes with air suspension and finally debuts the fabled Magic Body Control. This system uses cameras to scan the road conditions ahead to adjust the suspension characteristics accordingly.
As expected, the Mercedes-Maybach S 600 is as luxurious as cars from the German carmaker get. The interior is crafted with Nappa leather, metal and wood, while all the seats, including the driver's, get different massage functions. The Mercedes-Maybach S 600 also gets Magic Sky control which turns the panoramic sunroof from transparent to tinted at the touch of a button.
Although the Maybach S 600 is already sold out, Mercedes has opened bookings for the the S 500 which was launched at Rs 1.67 crore, ex-Pune. The S 500 will be locally assembled at its Pune plant.
- NewsVideo Worth Watching: Honda Civic Type-R Limited Edition sets Suzuka FWD lap record
- NewsMaserati Ghibli hybrid to be revealed on July 16
- FeaturesBMW #JustCantWait To Bring Driving Pleasure Back To Our Lives
- NewsBMW iX3 EV SUV teased ahead of July 14 reveal
- NewsAnyone can ride the Yamaha MWT-9 and T7 Concept
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block