Mercedes-Maybach S 600 launched in India at Rs 2.6 crore
Mercedes-Benz has launched the opulent Maybach S 600 in India at Rs 2.6 crore, ex-Pune. The Mercedes-Maybach S 600 will be sold as a CBU in India. The Mercedes-Maybach S 600 is based on the S-Class, and while the two cars might look similar, the Maybach S 600's wheelbase is 207mm longer. Although that's pretty long, it's still shorter than the older Maybach 62. It features new 19-inch wheels with a 20-inch set offered as optional.
The Mercedes-Maybach S 600 runs a 6.0-litre V12 that puts out 530PS and 830Nm. This engine is mated to a 7-speed automatic that gets this 2.3-tonne car to a 100kmph in just 5 seconds, as the company claims (see our road test review here). The Maybach S 600 comes with air suspension and finally debuts the fabled Magic Body Control. This system uses cameras to scan the road conditions ahead to adjust the suspension characteristics accordingly.
As expected, the Mercedes-Maybach S 600 is as luxurious as cars from the German carmaker get. The interior is crafted with Nappa leather, metal and wood, while all the seats, including the driver's, get different massage functions. The Mercedes-Maybach S 600 also gets Magic Sky control which turns the panoramic sunroof from transparent to tinted at the touch of a button.
Although the Maybach S 600 is already sold out, Mercedes has opened bookings for the the S 500 which was launched at Rs 1.67 crore, ex-Pune. The S 500 will be locally assembled at its Pune plant.
- NewsToyota Glanza hatchback to be launched in India on June 6
- NewsConfirmed: 2019 Aprilia Storm 125 and Vespa Urban Club to be launched in India on May 30
- News2019 TVS Apache RR310 launched in India with a slipper clutch for Rs 2.27 lakh
- FeaturesSoundscape: The hills of Kasauli come alive through a fantastic music festival
- NewsUpcoming production 2019 Kia SP2i SUV could get a head-up display