Mercedes to launch the new CLA sedan in India within next 180 days
Along with the launch of the CLA 45 AMG in India, Mercedes-Benz India MD and CEO, Eberhard Kern confirmed that the regular CLA will be on sale within the next 180 days. The CLA will take on the upcoming Audi A3.
Internationally, the CLA comes with a choice of petrol and diesel engines and has a 1,991cc motor making 211PS of power and 350Nm of torque. It is highly likely that Mercedes will be bringing both the petrol and the diesel to India but we can't comment on their state of tune. The CLA 220 CDI uses a 2143cc engine which delivers 170PS and 350Nm. In the European fuel efficiency cycle, the CLA 250 delivered 18.51kmpl while the CLA 220 CDI delivered 25kmpl. The former boasts a top speed of 240kmph while the latter tops out at 230kmph.
We can expect the CLA twins to be priced below Rs 30 lakh when they go on sale, probably by December of this year or the next January.
Starts Rs 30.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 31.72 Lakhs
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: CS Santosh to lead charge for Hero Motosport Team Rally
- NewsIsuzu India announces cricketer Jonty Rhodes as new brand ambassador for D-Max V-Cross
- NewsHonda Navi crosses one lakh sales mark
- NewsMaruti Suzuki increases prices of all its models in India
- Review2018 Suzuki Burgman Street road test review
- NewsYamaha YZF-R15 Moto GP limited edition and new colour options for Yamaha FZS-Fi launched at Rs 1.3 lakh and Rs 87,042
- NewsNext-gen Hyundai Santro design sketch unveiled, to launch in October 2018
- NewsSportier Toyota Yaris TRD Sportivo shown at GIIAS 2018
- News2018 Bajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brake priced at Rs 82,630
- NewsUpcoming Mahindra Marazzo MPV cabin revealed, available in 7 and 8 seater layouts