Mercedes to launch the new CLA sedan in India within next 180 days
Along with the launch of the CLA 45 AMG in India, Mercedes-Benz India MD and CEO, Eberhard Kern confirmed that the regular CLA will be on sale within the next 180 days. The CLA will take on the upcoming Audi A3.
Internationally, the CLA comes with a choice of petrol and diesel engines and has a 1,991cc motor making 211PS of power and 350Nm of torque. It is highly likely that Mercedes will be bringing both the petrol and the diesel to India but we can't comment on their state of tune. The CLA 220 CDI uses a 2143cc engine which delivers 170PS and 350Nm. In the European fuel efficiency cycle, the CLA 250 delivered 18.51kmpl while the CLA 220 CDI delivered 25kmpl. The former boasts a top speed of 240kmph while the latter tops out at 230kmph.
We can expect the CLA twins to be priced below Rs 30 lakh when they go on sale, probably by December of this year or the next January.
Starts Rs 30.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 31.72 Lakhs
Team OD | 12 Feb 2019
Team OD | 14 Feb 2019
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Honda Civic
- Review2019 Honda Civic first drive review
- News2019 Ford Aspire launched with CNG variant in India for Rs 6.27 lakh
- NewsDucati's DRE Off Road Days to happen this weekend
- NewsMG Motor India invests Rs 150 crore on new corporate office, brand store and flagship showroom
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani