Mercedez-Benz EQA teased before 2020 Geneva Motor Show
Mercedes-Benz EQA EV SUV has been teased ahead of its reveal at the 2020 Geneva Motor Show. The EQA will be the second car in the Mercedes-Benz EQ line-up. This will be Mercedes-Benz's entry-level EV. The pictures show the EQA undergoing cold-weather testing in Sweden. The cold and freezing conditions are meant to test the endurance of the battery performance and its thermal management.
Also being tested was the charge speed, driving safety, traction and energy recovery on ice and snow. The EQA will house a 60kwh lithium-ion battery with a range of 400km. Mercedes-Benz claims 10 minutes of charge will give a range of 99km. The power outputs have not been revealed yet, the Concept EQA, when it was showcased, was propelled by two electric motors with a combined power of 289PS and 499Nm of torque which could do a 0-96kmph in five seconds.
The Mercedes-Benz EQA gets its silhouette from the GLA and the styling includes a blanked-off front grille, bespoke light clusters and the wheel designs have been focused aerodynamically. The GLA makes a suitable base for the EQA because of its chassis design, the higher roofline helps with more space for the battery cells and it also doesn't cramp space in the interiors. The EQA is 4285mm long, 1810mm wide and 1428mm high in terms of dimensions. The platform can support front, rear or four-wheel drive with one or two electric motors along with a scalable battery, which can be mounted to the flat floor structure.
The EQA will be built in Hambach, France and it will also be the first Mercedes model to be built there, following an investment of 500 million euros from Mercedes-Benz. Mercedes-Benz will be showcasing the electric concepts, plug-in hybrids and unveiling their future plans at the Geneva Motor Show, a tease like this is definitely going to create a hype for the brand at the event.
- NewsHow automotive manufacturers are helping combat the Coronavirus crisis
- NewsCoronavirus Impact: TVS extends its free services and AMC contract untill June
- NewsProject Pitlane- F1 Teams to Make Ventilators to Treat Corona Patients
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Hyundai Motors help government battle the Covid-19 virus
- NewsBSVI: What happens to BSIV stock after the Supreme Court's judgement?
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055