Merzouga Rally 2017: Sherco TVS Racing's Joan Pedrero Garcia stands seventh after Leg 1
The first leg of the 2017 Afriquia Merzouga Rally came to an end yesterday after a total of 84km. The comparatively short leg had just competitive sections measuring just 41 km and a 2km Prologue stage. This year, Sherco TVS Racing has four riders competing in the Merzouga Rally Joan Pedrero Garcia, Adrien Metge , Aravind KP and Adbul Wahid Tanveer, who won the India Baja Dakar Challenge. Garcia completed Leg 1 in seventh position with a time of 32m52s, while his team-mate, Metge, finished eighth with 33m13s. Aravind stood at 20th after Day 1 while Tanveer was 84th.
Joan Pedrero Garcia battles the dunes in Leg 1
Leg 2 of the Merzouga Rally is currently underway and comprises of 188km of competitive sections and 53km of transport. It will be more challenging than Day 1 as riders will have to ride across more sand, dunes and riverbeds.
- News2019 Ducati Diavel 1260 S: All you need to know
- NewsINRC 2019: Younus Ilyas wins a closely fought Sprint de Bengaluru
- NewsRoyal Enfield Bullet Trials 350 and Bullet Trials 500 launched in India at Rs 1.62 lakh and Rs 2.07 lakh respectively
- News2019 Bajaj Platina 100 KS launched in India at Rs 40,500
- News2019 FIM Bajas World Cup: Raorane 27th, Pissay 29th at Baja do Pinhal
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip