Merzouga Rally 2017: Sherco TVS Racing's Joan Pedrero Garcia stands seventh after Leg 1
The first leg of the 2017 Afriquia Merzouga Rally came to an end yesterday after a total of 84km. The comparatively short leg had just competitive sections measuring just 41 km and a 2km Prologue stage. This year, Sherco TVS Racing has four riders competing in the Merzouga Rally Joan Pedrero Garcia, Adrien Metge , Aravind KP and Adbul Wahid Tanveer, who won the India Baja Dakar Challenge. Garcia completed Leg 1 in seventh position with a time of 32m52s, while his team-mate, Metge, finished eighth with 33m13s. Aravind stood at 20th after Day 1 while Tanveer was 84th.
Joan Pedrero Garcia battles the dunes in Leg 1
Leg 2 of the Merzouga Rally is currently underway and comprises of 188km of competitive sections and 53km of transport. It will be more challenging than Day 1 as riders will have to ride across more sand, dunes and riverbeds.
- NewsYamaha Tenere 700 prototype spied testing in Italy
- News2018 INRC: Vicky Chandhok to compete in Chennai Rally in a VW Polo R2
- News2018 Honda Amaze showcased in TVC before launch on May 16
- News2018 Tata Nexon AMT bookings open at Rs 11,000 across India
- NewsBMW iX3 Concept teased before Beijing auto show reveal
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez claims dominant win at COTA
- NewsMahindra Electric and Meru to ply eVerito EV cabs in Hyderabad
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 catches attention of Prince William
- NewsMahindra (Ssangyong) G4 Rexton spotted testing in India
- NewsFord Mustang is the best-selling sports coupe in the world for third year in a row