Merzouga Rally 2017: Sherco TVS Racing's Joan Pedrero Garcia stands seventh after Leg 1
The first leg of the 2017 Afriquia Merzouga Rally came to an end yesterday after a total of 84km. The comparatively short leg had just competitive sections measuring just 41 km and a 2km Prologue stage. This year, Sherco TVS Racing has four riders competing in the Merzouga Rally Joan Pedrero Garcia, Adrien Metge , Aravind KP and Adbul Wahid Tanveer, who won the India Baja Dakar Challenge. Garcia completed Leg 1 in seventh position with a time of 32m52s, while his team-mate, Metge, finished eighth with 33m13s. Aravind stood at 20th after Day 1 while Tanveer was 84th.
Joan Pedrero Garcia battles the dunes in Leg 1
Leg 2 of the Merzouga Rally is currently underway and comprises of 188km of competitive sections and 53km of transport. It will be more challenging than Day 1 as riders will have to ride across more sand, dunes and riverbeds.
- NewsBMW M2 Competition set to debut in India soon
- News2019 Honda HR-V crossover facelift unveiled, to be powered by 1.5-litre i-VTEC
- NewsLiberty Walk transforms the Suzuki Jimmy into a mini G-Class
- NewsBMW X7 flagship SUV shows its off roading capabilty in new teaser
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja H2 gets more power, Brembo Stylema calipers and a self healing paint
- NewsBajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brakes spotted at dealership
- NewsToyota Rush SUV to launch in Pakistan soon, India launch next?
- NewsHonda Civic facelift unveiled internationally ahead of India launch
- NewsProduct review: 2018 Arai Tour-X4 adv helmet
- Review2018 Ducati Monster 821 road test review