MG Hector SUV bookings commence in India for token amount of Rs 50,000
The MG Hector was unveiled last month and the SUV is yet to be launched in the country, however, Morris Garages have started accepting bookings for the Hector SUV. The booking amount is Rs 50,000 and we believe the Hector could be priced between Rs 17-20 lakh ex-showroom pan India. The Hector will rival the Hyundai Creta, Jeep Compass, Mahindra XUV500 and the Tata Harrier.
The Hector will get three engines at launch, two petrol and one diesel. One petrol will be a 1.5 litre turbocharged unit with 143PS and 250Nm while the other will add a 48V mild hybrid system to the mix. This will possibly allow for it to feature a start-stop system, regenerative braking and add torque fill functionality. The diesel engine will be the 2.0-litre FCA Multijet unit as seen on the Jeep Compass and Tata Harrier. The Hector will get it in the 173PS and 350Nm guise. Gearbox options are expected to be a six-speed manual and DCT.
The MG Hector's party trick is its 10.4-inch touchscreen infotainment system. This system comes with numerous connected car features, previously unseen in this price bracket. It gets real-time navigation, internet-based entertainment and music apps, and a voice assist system. All via an onboard 5G ready SIM card. Further, through the iSmart app, users can remotely lock or unlock the Hector, switch on air-conditioning and keep a check on vehicle stats.
The chrome bedazzled grille takes the centre stage
The SUV will be made available in four trims - Style, Super, Smart and Sharp. The diesel and petrol manual drivetrains will be available on all trims, however, the manual hybrid will not be sold with the base trim while DCT petrol will come with only the top two trims.
Also see: First Look: MG Motor Hector SUV - Features, Specifications, Launch date and Price Video
Starts Rs 12.74 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 15.6 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.23 Lakhs
Starts Rs 13.69 Lakhs
- NewsTravellers can now travel to Uttarakhand, Goa and Himachal Pradesh, have to follow guidelines
- NewsCEAT launches GoSafe S95 Face Masks, forays into personal protective equipment business
- News2020 Audi RS7 Sportback to be launched in India on July 16
- NewsHero MotoCorp gives 100 scooters to women police officers of Gorakhpur Police Department
- NewsRenault Kwid RXL 1.0L launched at Rs.4.16 lakh in India
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block