MG Hector SUV crosses 5,000 unit production milestone
The 5,000th MG Hector has rolled out of the MG Motor India production facility in Halol, Gujarat. The SUV has been a resounding hit for the SAIC-owned firm, over 28,000 bookings have been made since the car launched. In August, 208 units were sold. The demand has been such that MG India has had to put bookings on hold. It will take more orders October onwards after production ramps up.
To tide over this wait, MG Motor has started offering a rewards program where buyers earn 1,000 pints of every week until their car is delivered. These points can be redeemed when purchasing accessories or on the many service packages that the brand offers on the Hector.
The Hector in India gets three engines, two petrols and a diesel. The petrol is a 1.5-litre turbocharged unit with 143PS and 250Nm while the other version adds a 48V mild-hybrid system to the mix. This will allow for it to feature a start-stop system, regenerative braking and add torque fill functionality. The diesel engine is the 2.0-litre FCA Multijet unit as seen on the Jeep Compass and Tata Harrier. The Hector will get it in the 173PS and 350Nm guise. Gearbox options are a six-speed manual and DCT (only on the petrol).
Also see: MG Hector vs Tata Harrier
Starts Rs 12.74 Lakhs
Starts Rs 15.6 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.89 Lakhs
Starts Rs 13.69 Lakhs
- FeaturesComplete Guide to Caravans, Campers and Homes On Wheels in India
- NewsBMW R 18 cruiser launched in India at Rs 18.90 lakh, ex-showroom
- NewsKia Sonet launched: Top 10 segment-first features
- NewsKia Sonet India launch: Prices and variant-wise features explained
- News2020 Kia Sonet price comparison vs Hyundai Venue, Maruti Suzuki Brezza, Tata Nexon and Mahindra XUV300