MG Hector SUV interior spied in production guise
The upcoming MG Hector SUV has been spied undisguised in a new set of images. The car was possibly on display at an internal MG India and various details of the car are now visible. Most notably, the car's interior is also visible now.
The Hector's interior is dominated by the vertical 10.4-inch screen. The system brings masses of functionality previously unseen at this price point. Other than this, visible features are a 360-degree parking camera, push button start and a colour MID. The dash follows the vertical theme set by the screen with its tall air vents and a kite-shaped horn-pad. The colour scheme is beige and grey.
The Hector will have a similar footprint to that of cars like the Tata Harrier and the Hyundai Tuscon, but is expected to sport an aggressive price tag. Initially, only a five seater will be available, priced expectedly around the Rs 16 to 20 lakh mark when it launches sometime within the next three months. The styling is as expected, it shares much with Baojun 530 from China but with an MG-specific grille and mildly reworked headlamps. So overall, the car looks quite imposing with an angular, boxy theme. There is some prominent sculpting along the side while the rear follows into a set of quite sharp creases, dominated by large rectangular lamps. The Hector's tail lamps are connected by a red reflector band, unlike on the Baojun.
The Hector will get three engines at launch, two petrols and a diesel. One petrol will be a 1.5 litre turbocharged unit with 143PS and 250Nm while the other will add a 48V mild hybrid system to the mix. This will possibly allow for it to feature a start-stop system, regenerative braking and add torque fill functionality. The diesel engine will be the 2.0-litre FCA Multijet unit as seen on the Jeep Compass and Tata Harrier. The Hector will get it in the 173PS and 350Nm guise. Gearbox options are expected to be a six-speed manual, as seen here, and a DCT.
Image source: Rushlane
Starts Rs 15.35 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.69 Lakhs
- NewsLimited edition Aston Martin DBS 59 pays homage to the company's 1959 win at Le Mans
- NewsTata Altroz spotted on test in Mumbai - India launch soon
- NewsImage gallery: 2020 Mercedes-AMG GLC S 63 Coupe
- News2019 Bajaj Dominar 400 could be getting new colour options as shown in the latest TVC
- NewsImage gallery: 2020 Mercedes-AMG GLC 63
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip