MG Hector SUV reaches dealerships ahead of official India launch
MG, Morris Garages revealed the Hector last month and team OVERDRIVE got their hands on the petrol and the diesel variants of the same. Hector SUV is MG's debutant in the Indian market. That said, the SUV has already reached dealerships ahead of its official launch. MG opened the bookings for the Hector on the 4th of this month for a token of Rs 50,000.
The Hector sports exclusive features in the segment that it is expected to be positioned in. The list of features is as follows: Internet Car with OTA (50+ connected features), 48V hybrid system, biggest exterior dimensions (length, wheelbase), largest interior space, largest boot space, biggest panoramic sunroof, largest 10.4-inch HD touchscreen, 7-inch digital coloured instrument cluster, LED lighting, Floating Turn Indicators, 3-point seat belts for all five passengers, 360-degree camera, front parking sensors, sound system by Infinity, first in the segment heated ORVMs, powered co-driver seat, powered tailgate and 8-colour ambient lighting.
Powering the MG Hector is a 2.0-litre diesel engine and a 1.5-litre petrol engine paired to a 48V mild-hybrid system. The diesel engine produces 170PS and 350Nm of torque. And the petrol puts out 143PS and 250Nm of torque. The mild hybrid system adds another 20Nm of torque The diesel gets a six-speed-manual while the petrol engine gets an optional seven-speed dual-clutch automatic.
Also see: First Look: MG Motor Hector SUV - Features, Specifications, Launch date and Price Video
Starts Rs 12.74 Lakhs
Starts Rs 15.6 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.23 Lakhs
Starts Rs 13.69 Lakhs
- NewsBSVI Toyota Fortuner SUV prices increased, now starts from Rs 28.66 lakh
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Maruti Suzuki launches safety accessories
- NewsHyundai unveils 2020 Santa Fe for international markets, on new hybrid-ready platform
- NewsExclusive: BMW R 18 coming to India by Oct-Nov 2020
- FeaturesCYCLONE ALERT - Precautions for driving in case you have to: Things you should know
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!