MG Motor conducts dealership event in Bengaluru ahead of Q2 2019 debut
MG Motor conducted it first dealer event in South India today ahead of the brand's India launch in Q2 2019. The company claims to have received 2,400 registrations since it officially invited dealer partners to register last month, out of which 600 have been from South India. The brand is working towards developing a strong network and aims to offer a high-end experience to prospective customers. It hopes that South India will be a sales leader initially, with Bengaluru being one of its top three sales regions.
Rajeev Chaba President & Managing Director MG Motor India
SAIC-owned MG Motor is investing Rs 5,000 crores in the country over the next six years and plans to launch one new model each year up to 2021. It will be manufacturing its products at the old GM plant in Halol, Gujarat and will incorporate a high level of localisation into its products-up to 80 percent. It has also held dealer roadshows across India to build up a strong network before starting full-fledged operations.
Sources on the internet have revealed that MG Motor's upcoming premium SUV offering in the country will rival the Jeep Compass. This will be the first car in the company's line-up when it debut's in India by June 2019. The SUV will be based on an existing platform but will be an exclusive offering for India and not a product from its international portfolio like the ZS or GS.
The carmaker is also actively considering offering new energy vehicles and is keenly looking to work with all stakeholders involved to implement the technology commercially. MG Motor India is also open to testing electric vehicles under different climatic conditions in India and said that it would strongly consider Karnataka as one of its first options to launch EVs when decided, given the state's first-mover advantage in EV policy.
Starts Rs 14.95 Lakhs
- News2018 Merzouga Rally: Sherco TVS rider Joan Pedrero Garcia finishes seventh overall
- NewsBosch develops an automated valet parking system with e. Go
- NewsSMEV signs an MoU with TAITRA to develop EV development infrastructure
- NewsToyota wants privacy concerns addressed before it adds Android Auto
- OpinionWe make modern cars, so why not tanks?
- NewsUpcoming Lexus ES facelift teased in video ahead of Beijing Auto Show launch
- NewsHonda unveils Small RS Concept in Indonesia, preview to next Brio
- NewsDucati to offer radar, cornering ABS but not missiles on its motorcycle range
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga unveiled in Indonesia, India launch soon
- FeaturesImage Gallery: Shaken & Stirred April 2018