MG Motor inaugurates first India facility in Gujarat, to roll out first product by 2019
MG Motor, UK-based automotive brand, announced the inauguration of its first manufacturing facility in India at Halol, with an initial investment of Rs 2,000 crore. With a production capacity of 80,000 units per annum in the first phase, MG Motor India will roll out its first product from the plant in 2019, the company stated. MG Motor India will completely revamp the 170-acre facility located in Halol, Gujarat which was earlier owned by General Motors. The company has already hired 70 employees at the plant.
MG Motor MG3 hatchback
The MG brand originated as an iconic British Racing Sports Brand in 1924 and is now 93 years old. Rajeev Chaba, president and MD, MG Motor India said, "The Morris Garages brand already has a huge resonance in India with at least 500 owners in India since 1924, when the brand was first established in the UK," Chaba added.
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: CS Santosh to lead charge for Hero Motosport Team Rally
- NewsIsuzu India announces cricketer Jonty Rhodes as new brand ambassador for D-Max V-Cross
- NewsHonda Navi crosses one lakh sales mark
- NewsMaruti Suzuki increases prices of all its models in India
- Review2018 Suzuki Burgman Street road test review
- NewsYamaha YZF-R15 Moto GP limited edition and new colour options for Yamaha FZS-Fi launched at Rs 1.3 lakh and Rs 87,042
- NewsNext-gen Hyundai Santro design sketch unveiled, to launch in October 2018
- NewsSportier Toyota Yaris TRD Sportivo shown at GIIAS 2018
- News2018 Bajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brake priced at Rs 82,630
- NewsUpcoming Mahindra Marazzo MPV cabin revealed, available in 7 and 8 seater layouts