MG Motor inaugurates first India facility in Gujarat, to roll out first product by 2019
MG Motor, UK-based automotive brand, announced the inauguration of its first manufacturing facility in India at Halol, with an initial investment of Rs 2,000 crore. With a production capacity of 80,000 units per annum in the first phase, MG Motor India will roll out its first product from the plant in 2019, the company stated. MG Motor India will completely revamp the 170-acre facility located in Halol, Gujarat which was earlier owned by General Motors. The company has already hired 70 employees at the plant.
MG Motor MG3 hatchback
The MG brand originated as an iconic British Racing Sports Brand in 1924 and is now 93 years old. Rajeev Chaba, president and MD, MG Motor India said, "The Morris Garages brand already has a huge resonance in India with at least 500 owners in India since 1924, when the brand was first established in the UK," Chaba added.
Team OD | 17 May 2018
- FeaturesProduct review: Ixon RS Moto HP gloves
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Lexus LX 570 flagship SUV
- Review2018 Ford EcoSport S first drive review
- NewsTata Motors' shipments of Indian Army's Safari Storme 4X4 spotted
- NewsTesla releases some of its Model S autonomous driving software to coders
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Classic 500 Pegasus edition
- NewsSpec comparison: Hyundai Creta vs Honda BR-V vs Nissan Terrano vs Mahindra Scorpio vs Renault Captur
- NewsHero Electric planning new EV models to increase sales
- News2019 Kia Sportage facelift spotted undisguised at the Nurburgring
- NewsMercedes-AMG launches the GLE 43 4MATIC Coupe OrangeArt and SLC 43 RedArt limited edition cars in India