MG Motor inaugurates first India facility in Gujarat, to roll out first product by 2019
MG Motor, UK-based automotive brand, announced the inauguration of its first manufacturing facility in India at Halol, with an initial investment of Rs 2,000 crore. With a production capacity of 80,000 units per annum in the first phase, MG Motor India will roll out its first product from the plant in 2019, the company stated. MG Motor India will completely revamp the 170-acre facility located in Halol, Gujarat which was earlier owned by General Motors. The company has already hired 70 employees at the plant.
MG Motor MG3 hatchback
The MG brand originated as an iconic British Racing Sports Brand in 1924 and is now 93 years old. Rajeev Chaba, president and MD, MG Motor India said, "The Morris Garages brand already has a huge resonance in India with at least 500 owners in India since 1924, when the brand was first established in the UK," Chaba added.
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
- NewsImage gallery: TVS Apache RTR 200 Fi Ethanol
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Thar Wanderlust SUV at the 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Sports EV concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsImage gallery: Tata Tigor and Tiago JTP showcased at 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: 2018 Maruti Suzuki Swift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R15 v3
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R6
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha MT-09 Tracer and MT-09 Tracer GT
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Stinger concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Tamo Racemo showcased, image gallery