MG Motor India releases brand teaser, shows more details of the upcoming MG Hector SUV
MG Motor India has released a new brand teaser in preparation for its debut in the country later this year. The new video reveals quite a few details of what its first offerings will look like, including the MG Hector SUV. The video reveals exterior details of the Hector like its large chrome-studded MG grille, LED projector headlamps and LED taillamps. another feature shown is the large panoramic sunroof which should be available on top-spec versions of the Hector.
We expect the Hector to be priced much more competitively than other such SUVs though, with prices hovering around the Rs 18 to 2 lakh mark. This should make it a competitor to cars like the Tata harrier and Jeep Compass.
The Hector is expected to come with two engine options. The 2.0 diesel, as seen on the Jeep Compass, will likely carry the same 173PS and 350Nm tune as the FCA car while a 1.5 litre turbo petrol will also be available. We expect these to be paired with a six-speed manual or six-speed DCT.
MG Motor's debut in the country should be interesting It promises quality products at a competitive price. The company seems to have numerous products in the pipeline with a seemingly purposeful manufacturing and brand strategy.
Also see: MG Motor - SAIC Lineup - First Look
Also see: MG Hector vs Tata Harrier
Starts Rs 12.18 Lakhs
Starts Rs 15.35 Lakhs
Starts Rs 13 Lakhs
- NewsINRC 2019: Mahindra Adventure and Gaurav Gill will compete in the remaining rounds of the national rally championship
- News2020 Volvo XC40 Recharge electric SUV unveiled
- NewsNext-generation 2020 Skoda Octavia shown in sketches ahead of November 11 reveal
- NewsIndian rider Harith Noah part of Sherco TVS's Dakar 2020 ride lineup
- NewsLamborghini inaugurates a showroom in New Delhi, India