MG Motor India teases MG ZS compact SUV in new social media video
MG Motor India has teased the MG ZS compact SUV in its first social media video for India. The MG ZS compact SUV is expected to be the first product that MG Motor brings to India and will make its India debut at the upcoming 2018 Auto Expo along with the company's other models for India. It is already known that MG Motor India will begin operations in India by 2019 . The company will manufacture its cars at its recently acquired facility in Halol, Gujarat. MG Motor will also likely be exporting it to international markets. Along with the YouTube video, MG also announced the launch of its social media page, which it claims to the first customer service point for India. Recently, the MG Motor India website had also gone live, displaying a timeline of all the popular models that went on sale from 1924 onwards. The company started its journey with the MG Old Number One. These cars took the name from the place they were sold, the Morris Garage. You can also see other models like the K3 Magnette, TC roadster, and the Midget.
In 2011, MG introduced the MG3 hatch which was claimed to be a value for money offering followed by the MG5 in the following year. In 2014, the MG GT was introduced, the first car from the brand to use a 7-speed dual clutch transmission and a GM sourced 156PS/235Nm 1.4L motor. Last year, MG Motor introduced the ZS crossover which in roughly the size of Hyundai Creta that's sold in India. The company recently took over GM's Halol plant in Gujarat. This plant will have a production capacity of 80,000 to 85,000 units per annum. MG Motors has a relatively small line-up globally and we expect them to bring it here as well. MG Motor India will also compete in the growing SUV market with an all-new product. It will be positioned in the same segment as the Hyundai Creta, Honda BRV and the Renault Duster.
Here's the video:
Starts Rs 9.44 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.29 Lakhs
- NewsBMW Motorrad India now offers 3 years, unlimited kilometres warranty as standard on all its motorcycles
- NewsMercedes-Benz launches a new mobile service initiative for Tier - 2 and Tier - 3 called 'Service on Wheels'
- NewsSuzuki Burgman Street 125cc maxi scooter to be launched in India tomorrow
- News10,000th Isuzu vehicle rolled out of its plant in SriCity
- News2018 Kawasaki Z900RS launched in a black paint option in India
- News2018 FIM Trial-E Cup: Yamaha's Kenichi Kuroyama rides TY-E electric trials bike to win in first two rounds
- NewsTriumph Street Triple RS gets two new colour options in India
- NewsFord crosses one million customer milestone in India
- NewsPrice check: BMW G 310 R vs BMW G 310 GS vs KTM 390 Duke vs KTM RC 390 vs TVS Apache RR 310 vs Kawasaki Ninja 300
- NewsOfficial: BMW Motorrad India launches G 310 R and G 310 GS motorcycles at Rs 2.99 and Rs 3.49 lakh!