MG Motor India teases MG ZS compact SUV in new social media video
MG Motor India has teased the MG ZS compact SUV in its first social media video for India. The MG ZS compact SUV is expected to be the first product that MG Motor brings to India and will make its India debut at the upcoming 2018 Auto Expo along with the company's other models for India. It is already known that MG Motor India will begin operations in India by 2019 . The company will manufacture its cars at its recently acquired facility in Halol, Gujarat. MG Motor will also likely be exporting it to international markets. Along with the YouTube video, MG also announced the launch of its social media page, which it claims to the first customer service point for India. Recently, the MG Motor India website had also gone live, displaying a timeline of all the popular models that went on sale from 1924 onwards. The company started its journey with the MG Old Number One. These cars took the name from the place they were sold, the Morris Garage. You can also see other models like the K3 Magnette, TC roadster, and the Midget.
In 2011, MG introduced the MG3 hatch which was claimed to be a value for money offering followed by the MG5 in the following year. In 2014, the MG GT was introduced, the first car from the brand to use a 7-speed dual clutch transmission and a GM sourced 156PS/235Nm 1.4L motor. Last year, MG Motor introduced the ZS crossover which in roughly the size of Hyundai Creta that's sold in India. The company recently took over GM's Halol plant in Gujarat. This plant will have a production capacity of 80,000 to 85,000 units per annum. MG Motors has a relatively small line-up globally and we expect them to bring it here as well. MG Motor India will also compete in the growing SUV market with an all-new product. It will be positioned in the same segment as the Hyundai Creta, Honda BRV and the Renault Duster.
Here's the video:
Starts Rs 9.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.29 Lakhs
- News2019 Nissan GT-R prices for the U.S. market announced
- NewsTata Nexon SUV becomes first Indian-origin car to score five-star Global NCAP rating
- NewsShell India and Gordon Murray Design unveil pre-production OX Truck
- News2019 FIA F3 Championship: Jehan Daruvala to drive for Prema Racing
- NewsThe Nissan GT-R50 by Italdesign concept is headed to production in 2019
- NewsTata Harrier SUV seven-seater version to debut in 2019, one of three major Tata launches next year
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Skoda Scala
- News2019 Skoda Scala premium hatchback unveiled internationally
- NewsSuzuki Motorcycle India crosses the 40 lakh sales milestone
- Review2019 Tata Harrier first drive review