MG Motor India to set up 100-member women's hostel for workforce
MG Motor India is in the process of setting up a 100-member women's hostel near its manufacturing facility in Halol. The facility will be set up five kilometres away from its plant. With more than 31 per cent of its workforce consisting of women, MG Motor India claims to have the best diversity ratio in the industry. The company hopes to improve this even further with the new facility.
The facility is set to open soon and will provide a safe, sanitised, and hygienic living space to the brand's women employees. Alongside this, housekeeping, food, and transportation facilities will also be provided.
Speaking on the facility, Rajeev Chaba, president and MD of MG Motor India, said, "With the world facing an unprecedented crisis, it becomes imperative for employers to ensure that their employees are healthy, safe, and secure. Our new 100-member hostel will provide safe, sanitised, and comfortable living spaces to our female associates. The aim is to ensure that our female associates have complete peace of mind as far as their physical well-being is concerned. It will also bolster our diversity ratio and further strengthen our ecosystem for female employees."
Among its other measures to give back to the community that the company is part of, MG Motor has donated 20 ventilators to healthcare institutions in Gurugram to combat the Coronavirus threat and has also partnered with Compass Group India to distribute 12,000 food packets to the migrant and daily-wage workforce in the city. Furthermore, the carmaker recently distributed more than 350 health and hygiene kits in Godhra and Panchmahal. It has previously distributed PPE kits, surgical masks, gloves, sanitiser, sanitiser sprayers, and ration kits to the Superintendent of Police in Vadodara and Gujarat Rural to support police personnel and the local community in the region.
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Honda 2Wheelers recorded a sale of 54,820 units in May 2020
- NewsFormula 1 announces eight-round European leg for the 2020 season
- FeaturesFive tips on exterior car care
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Triumph Motorcycles to cut 400 jobs globally
- News2020 Datsun Redi-go BSVI facelift launched in India, prices start from Rs 2.83 lakh
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!