Coronavirus Impact: MG India announces cost-effective ventilators design competition
MG Motor India has begun scouting for quick-to-produce ventilator designs and plans to provide production support at its Halol facility to ensure quick turnaround. The carmaker has called for submission of design entries on a dedicated online platform (click here to open).
These design entries will be evaluated by a panel of medical experts and the best and affordable design will be selected for manufacturing. Rajeev Chaba, President and MD MG Motor India, said, "The COVID-19 pandemic has given rise to a dire need of ventilators to take care of the growing number of patients. There is an extreme shortage of ventilators in the country and those available are very expensive for mass adoption. As a responsible corporate citizen, MG Motor India is committed to fighting this pandemic. Incentivising medical innovation through a financial grant to the most viable prototype is the most effective channel to do our bit for the community."
The last date of submission is April 15 and the winning entry will get a cash prize of Rs 10 lakh from MG as a token of appreciation.
- NewsMaruti Suzuki vehicle subscription plans explained, now available in Delhi NCR, Bengaluru, Pune and Hyderabad
- NewsYamaha India to encash on the festive season with new offers finance schemes
- ReviewMG Gloster road test review
- NewsBreaking: 2020 BMW M 1000 RR bookings for India to commence in this week
- FeaturesHow to save on car insurance premium