MG XS compact SUV (India bound likely) to go on sale in UK soon
MG Motor UK released an image of the XS SUV with an announcement that it will go on sale in the UK later this fall. The all new MG XS was unveiled earlier this year the London Motor Show. Said to rival the likes of the Nissan Juke and the SsangYong Tivoli in the international markets, the MG XS SUV will also battle it out with the Renault Duster and the Hyundai Creta in the other markets. Going by MG Motor India's plan to start operations in the country by 2020, we believe the MG XS will also make it to our shores.
The MG XS SUV
MG Motor mentions that the XS SUV will sport a new face with an enlarged, full frame grill, inspired by the brand's heritage, but executed in a contemporary way. It gets a distinctive detailing on the headlights and signature tail lights. The upcoming MG XS SUV is also the first product to get the Emotional Dynamism design language, something that will eventually inspire the other offerings in the portfolio. While MG Motor is building the necessary hype around its latest SUV, reports state that the XS is a renamed ZS that is built for the Chinese market.
The powertrains that will be offered in the MG XS SUV have been kept under wraps. However, the SUV will likely get an option between two petrol engines in both manual and automatic transmissions. The details of which will be revealed when MG Motor starts selling the XS SUV in the UK.
MG Motor India recently completed the acquisition of GM's Halol plant. The first product that will roll out from the MG's Halol plant will be launched in the Indian market in 2019. This will be followed by the launch of the next product in the following year.
Starts Rs 9.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.29 Lakhs
- Features35 years of the Maruti 800: A social icon
- NewsMore spy images emerge of upcoming 2019 Renault RBC seven-seater MPV
- NewsOkinawa i-Praise electric scooter pre-bookings begin at Rs 5,000
- News2020 Mahindra Thar off-roader spotted testing under camoflage
- NewsJawa Motorcycles opens its first two dealerships in Pune
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture