MG XS compact SUV (India bound likely) to go on sale in UK soon
MG Motor UK released an image of the XS SUV with an announcement that it will go on sale in the UK later this fall. The all new MG XS was unveiled earlier this year the London Motor Show. Said to rival the likes of the Nissan Juke and the SsangYong Tivoli in the international markets, the MG XS SUV will also battle it out with the Renault Duster and the Hyundai Creta in the other markets. Going by MG Motor India's plan to start operations in the country by 2020, we believe the MG XS will also make it to our shores.
The MG XS SUV
MG Motor mentions that the XS SUV will sport a new face with an enlarged, full frame grill, inspired by the brand's heritage, but executed in a contemporary way. It gets a distinctive detailing on the headlights and signature tail lights. The upcoming MG XS SUV is also the first product to get the Emotional Dynamism design language, something that will eventually inspire the other offerings in the portfolio. While MG Motor is building the necessary hype around its latest SUV, reports state that the XS is a renamed ZS that is built for the Chinese market.
The powertrains that will be offered in the MG XS SUV have been kept under wraps. However, the SUV will likely get an option between two petrol engines in both manual and automatic transmissions. The details of which will be revealed when MG Motor starts selling the XS SUV in the UK.
MG Motor India recently completed the acquisition of GM's Halol plant. The first product that will roll out from the MG's Halol plant will be launched in the Indian market in 2019. This will be followed by the launch of the next product in the following year.
Starts Rs 9.29 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.29 Lakhs
- NewsVideo Worth Watching: Street's Not Dead
- News2019 Volkswagen Touareg unveiled in Beijing
- NewsYamaha cuts prices of YZF-R1 by Rs 2.6 lakh, MT-09 by Rs 1.3 lakh
- NewsProduction-spec Tata H5X SUV seen in camouflage
- NewsRoyal Enfield Thunderbird 350 launched in Australia as Rumbler 350
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm: Abhishek Mishra dominates Leg 4
- NewsRefreshed Bajaj Pulsar 150 spotted before March-end launch
- NewsFord and Mahindra to co-develop SUVs and EVs
- NewsMahindra-owned Pininfarina to turn carmaker, launch EV hypercar