MG ZS SUV spied testing under camouflage in India
MG Motor teased its MG ZS SUV in a social media post late last year in preparation for the SUV's India launch. The ZS has now been seen in spy images undergoing testing.
These pictures show the car under camouflage but it will probably look very similar to the UK-spec model. A few details may be changed to make it better suited to the Indian market. The ZS should be similar in size to the Renault Duster and come with European styling cues. The front fascia should be dominated by the MG family grille and carry a sculpted bumper design. As per the UK car, these flourishes should be carried on to the rest of the car, especially on the doors and the bonnet. The rear should getsa heavily kinked quarter-glass, and a raked windscreen that merges into and an upright bootlid.
The ZS is powered by two petrol options in the UK. A 1.5-litre naturally aspirated motor that puts out 106PS/141Nm and a 1.0-litre turbocharged motor good for 111PS/160Nm. It is unclear if these will be carried over to India. A diesel motor will have to join the line-up as well.
UK Spec MG ZS
The ZS should come with most features expected of an SUV in this segment. This means auto lamps, auto climate control, a touchscreen infotainment system and cruise control to name a few. In terms of safety features, the UK version gets up to six airbags, anti-lock brakes,, traction control, brake assist, hill-start assist, rear-view camera. Given the increased focus on safety seen in the Indian market recently, we expect MG Motor to bring all of these features to Indian car.
MG Motor will have its work cut out for itself with the ZS given the established competition it will have to face in this segment. The company can counter this by providing Indian buyers with a quality product at a price undercutting the competition.
Starts Rs 8.29 Lakhs
- NewsMarc Marquez dominates Sunday morning warm-up at Valencia for 2018 MotoGP season finale
- NewsVinales secures pole position for 2018 MotoGP season finale in Valencia, Marquez qualifies fifth despite crash
- News2018 JK NRC: Nayan Chatterjee and Karthik Tharani take Euro JK 18 championship down to the wire
- Review2018 TVS Radeon road test review
- News2018 Mahindra Alturas G4: Preliminary image gallery
- NewsVinod Dasari resigns as MD and CEO of Ashok Leyland
- Review2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 road test review
- NewsSpec comparo: Jawa vs Royal Enfield Classic 350
- NewsMercedes-Benz C-Class facelift petrol to launch in India by the end of 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh