Michael-Julius Renz appointed as the CEO at Audi Sport GmbH
It was already known that Stephan Winkelmann is heading to Volkswagen Group's exotic supercar division, Bugatti. And now comes the announcement of Michael-Julius Renz being appointed as the new CEO to head the performance brand, Audi Sport GmbH. Michael was previously the president of the Audi Sales Division in China since 2015 where he was responsible for sales and brand awareness. He also managed sales in Europe along with centralized marketing of the Audi brand. Michael will take over the new role at Audi Sport GmbH from March 1 onwards.
Michael-Julius Renz becomes head of Audi Sport GmbH
Michael's now predecessor Stephan Winkelmann will take over as President of Bugatti Automobiles S.A.S. in Molsheim, France, on January 1, 2018. Previously, he was the CEO at Audi Sport GmbH since March 2016 and before that was the president of Automobili Lamborghini S.p.A.,
"He (Winkelmann) has positioned Audi Sport as an independent and forward-thinking brand, and has made a decisive impact in terms of setting the course for the future growth of the company. Michael-Julius Renz will inherit an excellent legacy." commented, Audi Chairman of the Board of Management, Stadler.
Over the last six years, Audi Sport has more than doubled its sales figures. By 2020, the company will have expanded its range from 11 models to 16, states the German automobile brand.
- NewsMaruti Suzuki S-Cross crosses one lakh sales figure
- NewsSpec Comparo: Hyundai Santro vs Tata Tiago vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio
- News2018 Hyundai Santro: Launch image gallery
- News2018 Hyundai Santro launched in India at Rs 3.90 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Hyundai Santro India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 bookings open in India
- NewsUpcoming Tata Harrier SUV undergoes handling tests in new video
- News2019 Yamaha FZ FI spotted testing in India
- NewsLimited-run Mini Cooper S Oxford Edition launched in India at Rs 44.90 lakh
- Review2018 Hero Destini 125 scooter quick ride review