Mini showcases the Vision Next 100 concept
To celebrate the 100th birthday of the BMW Group, its subsidiaries Rolls Royce and Mini have unveiled the 103EX and the Vision Next 100 Concept, a taste of how vehicles of these brands will look in the next century. Both these vehicles are focused on autonomous driving with the Rolls Royce not even getting a place for a driver.
The Mini is focussed on the idea of shared exclusivity which simply means that in a sharing environment a car would mean different to different users. That aside the overall styling of the car is quite futuristic with the whole exterior being used as a canvas that changes according to setting. To further the point Ian Robertson, member of the board of management, BMW AG, sales and marketing, explained that BMW already has the technology to use a car's external sensors to positively ID the owner. The car could then re-skin itself on the fly, for instance between autonomous loans (where the Mini drops off one borrower and then drives itself to another loan).
The concept gets an elongated windscreen on the front with round headlamps. At the rear it gets a single horizontal bar for the tail lamp cluster accompanied with a spoiler. On the insides in gets a two pedal assembly and display of information relies on augmented reality on a series of high definition monitors.
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Racing M5Electro Formula E electric race car
- NewsMahindra Racing's M5Electro Formula E electric race car debuts in India ahead of 2019 season opener
- NewsSkoda India to hike prices across range from January 1, 2019
- NewsMaruti Suzuki registers five lakh cumulative CNG vehicle sales in India
- NewsTeams from Varanasi, Delhi and Vellore win Shell Eco Marathon India
- NewsMcLaren 720S Spider convertible revealed, locks horns with Ferrari 488
- News2019 Nissan GT-R prices for the U.S. market announced
- NewsTata Nexon SUV becomes first Indian-origin car to score five-star Global NCAP rating
- NewsShell India and Gordon Murray Design unveil pre-production OX Truck
- News2019 FIA F3 Championship: Jehan Daruvala to drive for Prema Racing