Mitsubishis Pajero to cost more
Mitsubishi has has decided to increase the price of its SUV, the Pajero Sport w.e.f. January 1, 2015. The SUV will now cost Rs 24.98 lakh for the automatic variant, while the manual version will now cost Rs 25.28 lakh. Both prices are ex-showroom Delhi.
The company has stated that the reason for the price hike is due to the increase in excise duty from 24 per cent to 30 per cent, as well as an increase in the cost of raw materials.
The Pajero Sport 4x4 MT is powered by a 2.5-litre DI-Diesel engine that is intercooled and turbocharged. It produces 178 PS at 4000 rpm and 400Nm of torque between 2000-2500 rpm. The SUV is also available in a 4x2 Automatic Transmission version with the engine producing a slightly lower torque figure of 350Nm between 1800-3500 rpm.
Press release: Excise hike increases Mitsubishi prices
CHENNAI: The recent hike in excise duty from 24 % to 30 % has compelled automobile companies to raise the prices of their vehicles.
Mitsubishi SUVs manufactured in India by Hindustan Motor Finance Corporation Ltd. too have witnessed increase in their prices. Effective January 1, 2015, Pajero Sport AT (automatic transmission), whose ex-showroom price in Delhi stood at Rs. 23.55 lac, is now available for Rs. 24.98 lac. Similarly, the Delhi ex-showroom price of Pajero Sport MT (manual transmission) has risen from Rs. 23.80 lac to Rs. 25.28 lac.
Increase in input raw material cost too has attributed to the price hike.
For any further information, please contact: Rajiv Saxena, Mobile: 09999461457
Starts Rs 24.98 Lakhs
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Scrutiny and driver's briefing image gallery
- FeaturesIndependence Quattro Drive 2018: From Chandigarh to Leh
- NewsDrag strip-only Ford Mustang Cobra Jet unveiled
- NewsMahindra Marazzo MPV to be launched in India on September 3
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Pre-scrutiny image gallery
- NewsHarley-Davidson India rolls out new Street to Softail trade-in offer
- NewsKerala floods: Nissan India offers service support to affected customers
- NewsHero MotoCorp re-enters used two-wheeler business with Hero Sure in India
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift to get more safety features
- NewsTata Nexon compact SUV crosses the 50,000 production mark