Monterey Car Week 2018: Sixth generation BMW Z4 breaks cover
The sixth-generation BMW Z4 has already been seen in a few leaked images on the internet, but the sports car has now made its official debut at the ongoing Monterey Car Week 2018.
The car being shown is the BMW Z4 First Edition. This is a limited run model and comes with unique touches to its design and equipment list. These are the Frozen Orange metallic paint with a contrasting roof, black outer mirrors and a unique design for the 19-inch wheels. The interiors get black leather trim and a premium Harman/kardon audio system.
The First Edition cars are powered by a 3.0-litre inline six cylinder that puts out 382PS and 500 Nm, zero to 100 kmph comes up in 4.6s. Other features are sport suspension with electronically controlled dampers, an M Sport braking system and also an electronically controlled M Sport differential. BMW also claims the Z4 has 50/50 weight distribution.
The design of the production-spec Z4 closely follows that of the Z4 concept seen some time ago. The car gets an aggressive front end with a prominent kidney grille and large air intakes. Most striking is the headlamp design, which ditches the signature BMW double-barrel look for a more angular design. The side profile gets prominent vents behind the front wheel arches which merge into a heavily contoured body. The rear also gets upswept taillamps and aggressive vents on the bumpers.
BMW will put out more details on trim levels, equipment and powertrain configurations on September 19, and full unveiling will take place during the Paris auto show on October 14.
The new Z4 fills a void left in the BMW line-up since the departure of the last-gen car, This new model seems to toe a more aggressive line than the last car as well, appeal also to the more traditional BMW buyers. This will help it compete better with rivals like the Porsche 718 Boxster and Audi TT.
Starts Rs 81.8 Lakhs
Starts Rs 63.12 Lakhs
Starts Rs 86 Lakhs
- NewsIndian FTR 1200 launched in India at Rs 14.99 lakh, deliveries April 2019 onwards
- NewsLive updates: 2019 India-spec Nissan Kicks
- NewsImage gallery: India-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV interior
- News2019 Honda CB1000R+, Gold Wing Tour DCT, CBR1000RR Fireblade and CBR1000RR Fireblade SP launched in India
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Racing M5Electro Formula E electric race car
- NewsMahindra Racing's M5Electro Formula E electric racecar debuts in India ahead of 2019 season opener
- NewsSkoda India to hike prices across range from January 1, 2019
- NewsMaruti Suzuki registers five lakh cumulative CNG vehicle sales in India
- NewsTeams from Varanasi, Delhi and Vellore win Shell Eco Marathon India
- NewsMcLaren 720S Spider convertible revealed, locks horns with Ferrari 488