Monterey Car Week 2018: Sixth generation BMW Z4 breaks cover
The sixth-generation BMW Z4 has already been seen in a few leaked images on the internet, but the sports car has now made its official debut at the ongoing Monterey Car Week 2018.
The car being shown is the BMW Z4 First Edition. This is a limited run model and comes with unique touches to its design and equipment list. These are the Frozen Orange metallic paint with a contrasting roof, black outer mirrors and a unique design for the 19-inch wheels. The interiors get black leather trim and a premium Harman/kardon audio system.
The First Edition cars are powered by a 3.0-litre inline six cylinder that puts out 382PS and 500 Nm, zero to 100 kmph comes up in 4.6s. Other features are sport suspension with electronically controlled dampers, an M Sport braking system and also an electronically controlled M Sport differential. BMW also claims the Z4 has 50/50 weight distribution.
The design of the production-spec Z4 closely follows that of the Z4 concept seen some time ago. The car gets an aggressive front end with a prominent kidney grille and large air intakes. Most striking is the headlamp design, which ditches the signature BMW double-barrel look for a more angular design. The side profile gets prominent vents behind the front wheel arches which merge into a heavily contoured body. The rear also gets upswept taillamps and aggressive vents on the bumpers.
BMW will put out more details on trim levels, equipment and powertrain configurations on September 19, and full unveiling will take place during the Paris auto show on October 14.
The new Z4 fills a void left in the BMW line-up since the departure of the last-gen car, This new model seems to toe a more aggressive line than the last car as well, appeal also to the more traditional BMW buyers. This will help it compete better with rivals like the Porsche 718 Boxster and Audi TT.
Starts Rs 81.8 Lakhs
Starts Rs 63.12 Lakhs
Starts Rs 86 Lakhs
- NewsTVS Star City+ launched in new grey-black paint option at Rs 52,907
- NewsSkoda appoints Pavel Richter as production technical director of its India 2.0 project
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 riding gear and apparel
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 accessories
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh