Monterey Car Week 2018: Sixth generation BMW Z4 breaks cover
The sixth-generation BMW Z4 has already been seen in a few leaked images on the internet, but the sports car has now made its official debut at the ongoing Monterey Car Week 2018.
The car being shown is the BMW Z4 First Edition. This is a limited run model and comes with unique touches to its design and equipment list. These are the Frozen Orange metallic paint with a contrasting roof, black outer mirrors and a unique design for the 19-inch wheels. The interiors get black leather trim and a premium Harman/kardon audio system.
The First Edition cars are powered by a 3.0-litre inline six cylinder that puts out 382PS and 500 Nm, zero to 100 kmph comes up in 4.6s. Other features are sport suspension with electronically controlled dampers, an M Sport braking system and also an electronically controlled M Sport differential. BMW also claims the Z4 has 50/50 weight distribution.
The design of the production-spec Z4 closely follows that of the Z4 concept seen some time ago. The car gets an aggressive front end with a prominent kidney grille and large air intakes. Most striking is the headlamp design, which ditches the signature BMW double-barrel look for a more angular design. The side profile gets prominent vents behind the front wheel arches which merge into a heavily contoured body. The rear also gets upswept taillamps and aggressive vents on the bumpers.
BMW will put out more details on trim levels, equipment and powertrain configurations on September 19, and full unveiling will take place during the Paris auto show on October 14.
The new Z4 fills a void left in the BMW line-up since the departure of the last-gen car, This new model seems to toe a more aggressive line than the last car as well, appeal also to the more traditional BMW buyers. This will help it compete better with rivals like the Porsche 718 Boxster and Audi TT.
Starts Rs 81.8 Lakhs
Starts Rs 63.12 Lakhs
Starts Rs 86 Lakhs
- NewsFAME 2: Electric 3- and 4-wheelers need to produce public transport permit to claim incentive benefits
- NewsJaguar Land Rover wins case against Jiangling Motors over Evoque copy
- NewsToyota Kirloskar Motor increases dependency on renewable sources of energy, results in 51,000 tons of Co2 reduction
- NewsPrices of Renault Kwid hatchback to be hiked by three per cent from April 1 2019
- NewsMaruti Suzuki's new six-speed transmission spotted
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip