More details emerge of the 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift
The Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift has been spotted testing on numerous occasions and we already know a fair bit about how the car is expected to look both inside and out ahead of its debut. Reports suggest that the refreshed sedan will be launched in the country on August 20. Some Nexa dealerships have already begun accepting pre-bookings for the refreshed sedan for an amount of Rs 10,000 to Rs 25,000.
New details are now available which give us more insight into how the sedan will be equipped. The Ciaz is expected to come with a new Magnum Grey colour scheme which replaces the existing Glistening grey paint option. Machine finished 16-inch alloy wheels will be available on the range-topping alpha variant, with the 15-inch alloy being available from the Delta onwards. The four variants available will be: Sigma, Delta, Zeta and Alpha.
In terms of features, the 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, auto climate control, leather upholstery and auto-dimming IRVM get carried over. Steering controls and Bluetooth connectivity will now be standard across the range.
The top two Zeta and Alpha variants now get automatic LED projector headlights and LED fog lamps. There's better safety equipment too, with ESP (electronic stability program), traction control and hill start assist being added to the already available dual-front airbags, ABS with EBD and Isofix child seat mounts.
Also, the upcoming Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift will feature the 1.5-litre petrol motor also seen on the Indonesian-spec new generation Suzuki Ertiga. This new K15B motor puts out 104PS and 138Nm, increases of 13PS and 8Nm over the current car. The 1.3-litre FCA-sourced diesel motor carries over unchanged, This is an inline 4-cylinder turbo diesel which makes 90PS/200Nm.
The Ciaz is a good seller in the C-segment space, behind the Honda City and these changes will help it stay relevant to buyers. The Honda City has undergone a facelift while the Verna has seen a generation change since the Ciaz was first launched. Prices of the facelifted Ciaz, when it launches later this year, can be expected to be a slight premium over the present car.
Source: Car Dekho
Starts Rs 7.83 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.58 Lakhs
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Image gallery Leg 1
- NewsVideo worth watching: V12-powered Ferrari 250 GTO screaming to glory
- Review2018 Honda Jazz review
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Leg 1 sets the event rolling today with SS 1 to SS 3
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Scrutiny and driver's briefing image gallery
- FeaturesIndependence Quattro Drive 2018: From Chandigarh to Leh
- NewsDrag strip-only Ford Mustang Cobra Jet unveiled
- NewsMahindra Marazzo MPV to be launched in India on September 3
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Pre-scrutiny image gallery
- NewsHarley-Davidson India rolls out new Street to Softail trade-in offer