More details emerge of the 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift
The Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift has been spotted testing on numerous occasions and we already know a fair bit about how the car is expected to look both inside and out ahead of its debut. Reports suggest that the refreshed sedan will be launched in the country on August 20. Some Nexa dealerships have already begun accepting pre-bookings for the refreshed sedan for an amount of Rs 10,000 to Rs 25,000.
New details are now available which give us more insight into how the sedan will be equipped. The Ciaz is expected to come with a new Magnum Grey colour scheme which replaces the existing Glistening grey paint option. Machine finished 16-inch alloy wheels will be available on the range-topping alpha variant, with the 15-inch alloy being available from the Delta onwards. The four variants available will be: Sigma, Delta, Zeta and Alpha.
In terms of features, the 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, auto climate control, leather upholstery and auto-dimming IRVM get carried over. Steering controls and Bluetooth connectivity will now be standard across the range.
The top two Zeta and Alpha variants now get automatic LED projector headlights and LED fog lamps. There's better safety equipment too, with ESP (electronic stability program), traction control and hill start assist being added to the already available dual-front airbags, ABS with EBD and Isofix child seat mounts.
Also, the upcoming Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift will feature the 1.5-litre petrol motor also seen on the Indonesian-spec new generation Suzuki Ertiga. This new K15B motor puts out 104PS and 138Nm, increases of 13PS and 8Nm over the current car. The 1.3-litre FCA-sourced diesel motor carries over unchanged, This is an inline 4-cylinder turbo diesel which makes 90PS/200Nm.
The Ciaz is a good seller in the C-segment space, behind the Honda City and these changes will help it stay relevant to buyers. The Honda City has undergone a facelift while the Verna has seen a generation change since the Ciaz was first launched. Prices of the facelifted Ciaz, when it launches later this year, can be expected to be a slight premium over the present car.
Source: Car Dekho
Starts Rs 8.19 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.77 Lakhs
- NewsMahindra becomes first Indian carmaker to drive to Everest base camp
- NewsIndia-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks unveiled In Mumbai
- NewsMahindra and Ford to collaborate on shared powertrains, connected car tech
- NewsLive updates: Reveal of India-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks
- Review2019 Ducati Multistrada 1260 Enduro first ride review
- NewsConfirmed: KTM says 790 Duke launch in India not slated for November
- News2019 Hyundai Tucson facelift coming to India in May 2019
- NewsBREAKING: 2018 KTM 790 Duke to be launched in India post-Diwali 2018, pre-bookings already open
- News2019 Porsche Cayenne launched in India at Rs 1.19 crore
- Review2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo first drive review