More spy images appear of the MG eZS electric SUV
The MG Hector SUV has been quite a resounding success for MG Motor India, given its presence, competitive price and extensive features list. The brand's next offering for India will be the MG eZS electric SUV, which is expected to debut here by December. Given this timeline, the EV has been spotted testing in India again.
This spy image shows that the MG eZS for India will be very similar to the car offered elsewhere. The heavy camouflage aside, the car seems to carry the production-spec car's headlamps, bumpers and sports the less blocky, more flowing look of the eZS. This is quite a departure from the upright, squared-off look of the Hector. The overall package is more akin to that of crossover, much like its closest rival, the Hyundai Kona Electric .
The MG eZS EV is expected to come to market by the fourth quarter of 2019. The firm is choosing this niche model to further highlight its aim of being a technology leader in the automotive industry. The eZS is being brought in as a CBU wherein 250 units will be imported from Shanghai. MG claims that the eZS will be a global offering and will have a driving range of 350km in one single charge. The MG eZS could be powered by a 52.5kWh lithium-ion battery pack. A full charge could take eight hours from a wall charger.
MG Motor India has tied up with Finland-based clean energy major, Fortum to instal 50kW DC fast-charging EV stations, ahead of the eZS' debut. Under the partnership, Fortum will instal 50kW CCS/CHAdeMO DC public charging stations across MG's showrooms in five cities including Delhi NCR, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Bengaluru and Ahmedabad by September this year to begin with.
Also see: MG ZS EV | First Drive (India)
Starts Rs 23.72 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.18 Lakhs
Starts Rs 20.88 Lakhs
- NewsSeltos tops SUV sales again in March 2020, Kia holds on to third in overall sales
- NewsBMW R 18 debuts with R 5 inspired styling and a big boxer-twin
- News24 Hours of Le Mans 2020 scheduled for September 19
- NewsMaruti Suzuki all set to launch the 2020 S-cross next month
- NewsHow Sebastien Loeb is keeping busy during the time of social isolation
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055