More spy images of the upcoming Volkswagen Vento and Polo facelifts appear online
It is common knowledge now that the Volkswagen Polo hatchback, and its sedan derivative, the Volkswagen Vento will soon be getting another refresh. This should help the brand have a portfolio of price-conscious offerings until the cars based on the MQB-A0-IN architecture start to roll out by next year.
The changes aren't too drastic. There is a revised front section with a more subtle, black grille, the bumper gets a wider air dam and the fog lamps have been revised to be slimmer and rectangular. These elements seem to have been heavily inspired by the Volkswagen GTi. The alloy wheel design is new, as is the black contrast roof. The Polo in this picture is the GT TSI version, which gets the black spoiler and the blacked-out diffuser.
We expect similar minor updates to the inside. There could be a larger infotainment screen available as well as new colour schemes. Safety should improve with the mandatory safety bits being added like a driver airbag, seat belt reminder for driver and co-driver, rear parking sensors and an overspeed alert for the driver.
Engine options are set to remain as they are now. With the 1.0-litre petrol, the 1.2-litre turbo petrol and the 1.5-litre diesel being carried over, these will be paired with a 6-speed manual or a 7-speed DSG. But we expect VW to discontinue the diesel engine once the BSVI norms kick in, and come in with new engines to meet the new norms.
Image source: Zigwheels
Starts Rs 8.63 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.7 Lakhs
- News2019 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios hatchback launched in India at Rs 4.99 lakh
- NewsHero Optima and Hero Nyx electric scooters get a longer-range variant in India
- NewsMaruti Suzuki XL6 premium MPV spotted ahead of its India launch
- NewsLive updates: Hyundai Grand i10 Nios India launch, prices, details, variants, features, engines
- NewsIndian FTR 1200 S and 1200 S Race Replica launched - Priced Rs 15.99 lakh and 17.99 lakh respectively