More spy images emerge of the Mahindra (Ssangyong) Rexton G4
After some images emerged of the Mahindra (Ssangyong) Rexton G4 undergoing hot weather testing, more spy images of Mahindra's new flagship SUV are doing the rounds of the internet now.
The new Rexton is a better styled, more mature, and more dynamically competent car as compared to its predecessor and given the Mahindra badging this time around, should garner better sales as well. This will be the next major launch for Mahindra after the XUV500 facelift and the upcoming U321 MPV.
The Indian automobile manufacturer has clearly mentioned that the new SUV will be a rebranded version of the G4 Rexton sold in the international markets. The all-new Mahindra SUV as not been named yet and a launch date hasn't been announced either.
In terms of features, the all-new Mahindra SUV will come equipped with HID lights, electric sunroof, dual-zone climate control, ventilated seats, 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system with GPS, 9 airbags and electric parking brake.
The company states that this SUV will come with a 2.2-litre diesel motor that makes 178PS of power and generates 420Nm of torque. This motor is mated to a 7-speed Mercedes-Benz automatic transmission that will send power to all four wheels. A 6-speed manual is available internationally as well but is unlikely to be sold here.
The Mahindra G4 Rexton(image gallery) should lock horns with the likes of the Toyota Fortuner and the Ford Endeavour in India. We expect Mahindra to price its flagship SUV aggressively against the competition.
Image Source: Indian Autos Blog
Starts Rs 25.65 Lakhs
Starts Rs 27.27 Lakhs
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000