Moto GP 2014: Can Marquez break his Spanish jinx at Jerez?
This weekend's Gran Premio bwin de España promises to be a very interesting race for MotoGP enthusiasts as defending champion Marc Marquez, despite looking as strong as ever, looks to break his luckless streak at home. The Spaniard has failed to win a single race so far in his career, in any class, at Jerez. The stage looks set for team-mate and fellow Spaniard, Dani Pedrosa though who trails Marquez by 19 points and is known to be partial to the Jerez track.
Dani Pedrosa and Marc Marquez at Jerez in 2013
The Spanish Grand Prix will also be an interesting one for Movistar Yamaha, who look to close down the gap with Valentino Rossi who has one of the best performance records at the Jerez, winning 6 times in the past. What is surprising is that he has failed to do so in the past two occasions but a confident showing from the Italian so far this season should see him hit the ground running. The weekend also sees the two Honda riders achieve personal milestones as Dani Pedrosa celebrates his 27th birthday with his 200th Grand Prix appearance. Marc Marquez on the other hand completes exactly half the number as his teammate notching up his 100th Grand Prix in all categories.
Heading lower down the pack the Spanish Grand Prix will also see Ducati's Cal Crutchlow come back from his finger injury sustained at Austin. The Briton missed the Argentine Grand Prix last weekend also losing out on valuable championship points. On asked about how he was recovering Cal said, "It's great to be back. It was strange to sit back and watch it on television. I was sure I could have won it when I was watching like millions of other armchair racers do every week! The injury was one of the most painful of my career and we have to see how my fitness is after FP2. I think I have enough strength to brake properly but I don't want to be a danger to myself or the other riders."
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show