Moto Guzzi V85 adventure tourer spied testing for the first time
The Moto Guzzi V85 concept was a surprise to us when it was showcased as the Italian brand's new Classic Enduro at EICMA last year. The quirky looking adventure motorcycle has been spotted testing. The Moto Guzzi V85 is the company's first adventure offering since the Stelvio succumbed the Euro4 regulations owing to its 1200cc engine. The V85 on the other hand, features an all-new air-cooled 850cc 90° V-twin engine, with an expected output of 78PS. The engine can be seen in the Guzzi signature transverse mounted position in the spy shots.
According to Moto Guzzi, the Classic Enduro mixes off-road capabilities with a classically-inspired design from such predecessors as the V65 and V75 Baja models, which had raced in the then Paris-Dakar Rally.
While the test mule skips the striking paint job of the concept, opting for an all-black look, it does sport the large rally-raid style sculpted fuel tank, the twin headlamps with connecting LED strip and the raise beak.
The motor is housed in a tubular steel frame with an asymmetric swingarm design to accommodate the shaft drive. The swingarm is sprung by a side-mounted monoshock. Moto Guzzi has claimed that this will make the suspension easier to access for adjustment, and also frees up more space for the exhaust system with its raised muffler.
There is no information yet as to when it could make its debut, we can expect to see the V85 in dealerships internationally by early 2019. It will compete with the Triumph Tiger 800, BMW F 850 GS, and the Ducati Multistrada 950.
Starts Rs 12,80,000
Starts Rs 11,76,000
- News2019 Hyundai Tucson facelift coming to India in May 2019
- NewsBREAKING: 2018 KTM 790 Duke to be launched in India post-Diwali 2018, pre-bookings already open
- News2019 Porsche Cayenne launched in India at Rs 1.19 crore
- Review2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo first drive review
- NewsSkoda Vision X SUV to be shown in production guise in March 2019
- NewsLive updates: 2019 Porsche Cayenne launch in India
- NewsBMW X7 SUV teased before debut later this month at LA
- NewsProduction-spec Tata Harrier SUV side profile revealed
- NewsRefreshed Isuzu MU-X SUV launched in India at Rs 26.26 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2019 Isuzu MU-X SUV launch in India