Moto Guzzi V85 adventure tourer spied testing for the first time
The Moto Guzzi V85 concept was a surprise to us when it was showcased as the Italian brand's new Classic Enduro at EICMA last year. The quirky looking adventure motorcycle has been spotted testing. The Moto Guzzi V85 is the company's first adventure offering since the Stelvio succumbed the Euro4 regulations owing to its 1200cc engine. The V85 on the other hand, features an all-new air-cooled 850cc 90° V-twin engine, with an expected output of 78PS. The engine can be seen in the Guzzi signature transverse mounted position in the spy shots.
According to Moto Guzzi, the Classic Enduro mixes off-road capabilities with a classically-inspired design from such predecessors as the V65 and V75 Baja models, which had raced in the then Paris-Dakar Rally.
While the test mule skips the striking paint job of the concept, opting for an all-black look, it does sport the large rally-raid style sculpted fuel tank, the twin headlamps with connecting LED strip and the raise beak.
The motor is housed in a tubular steel frame with an asymmetric swingarm design to accommodate the shaft drive. The swingarm is sprung by a side-mounted monoshock. Moto Guzzi has claimed that this will make the suspension easier to access for adjustment, and also frees up more space for the exhaust system with its raised muffler.
There is no information yet as to when it could make its debut, we can expect to see the V85 in dealerships internationally by early 2019. It will compete with the Triumph Tiger 800, BMW F 850 GS, and the Ducati Multistrada 950.
Starts Rs 12,80,000
Starts Rs 11,76,000
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Santolino Lorenzo dominates Moto category
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Image gallery Leg 2
- NewsBrabus makes a 600PS Mercedes-AMG GLC 63 S SUV
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Image gallery Leg 1
- NewsVideo worth watching: V12-powered Ferrari 250 GTO screaming to glory
- Review2018 Honda Jazz review
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Leg 1 sets the event rolling today with SS 1 to SS 3
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Scrutiny and driver's briefing image gallery
- FeaturesIndependence Quattro Drive 2018: From Chandigarh to Leh
- NewsDrag strip-only Ford Mustang Cobra Jet unveiled