Moto2: MV Agusta returns to Grand Prix racing with Forward Racing
MV Agusta has joined the Moto2 World Championship with the Forward Racing Team. The first prototype that will run in the Moto2 World Championship is reportedly already in an advanced stage of development, and the debut of this grand prix bike is set for July 2018.
The Italian manufacturer has decided to team up with the Forward Racing Team, that was founded in 2009, and has competed in Moto2 since 2010. The Forward Racing Team has the distinction of scoring a podium in their inaugural race in the championship, and taking their first win at the fifth grand prix that they competed in at Silverstone. The team also scored first place in the world ranking for Open bikes in 2014, with rider Aleix Espargaro.
Speaking of their return to grand prix motorcycle racing, Giovanni Castiglioni, President of MV Agusta stated, "The return of MV Agusta to the Grands Prix is a great honour for me. The Moto2 World Championship is very competitive and in order to be successful we need to apply the best of our technology and experience in racing motorcycle development".
Meanwhile, Giovanni Cuzari, CEO, Forward Racing Team, said, "I find it difficult to express with words what this means, to be actively part of a common project with both MV Agusta and CRC, the two Italian excellences that created the most beautiful motorcycles in history. I worked many years for this to happen, and now I feel proud to announce that MV Agusta will race in the Moto2 World Championship with Forward Racing Team. I am also aware of the great responsibility involved in having such a prestigious brand on the hulls of our motorbikes. Our team, along with MV Agusta and CRC, will strive to achieve, in the shortest possible time, what all the fans, and we first, expect and dream".
MV Agusta has an illustrious history in racing, with the manufacturer being the most successful European motorcycle manufacturer of all time, with 75 world titles (38 rider and 37 manufacturer) from 1952 to 1974. Riders such as John Surtees, Phil Read, Carlo Ubbiali, and Giacomo Agostini have competed with the team.
- News2018 Hyundai Santro: Launch image gallery
- News2018 Hyundai Santro launched in India at Rs 3.90 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Hyundai Santro India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 bookings open in India
- NewsUpcoming Tata Harrier SUV undergoes handling tests in new video
- News2019 Yamaha FZ FI spotted testing in India
- NewsLimited-run Mini Cooper S Oxford Edition launched in India at Rs 44.90 lakh
- Review2018 Jaguar F-Type P300 R-Dynamic road test review
- NewsFCA launches Jeep Connect outlets in India.
- NewsNASCAR Whelen Euro Series 2018: Advait Deodhar wins the Elite Club championship