Motofumi Shitara is the new president of Yamaha Motor India
Yamaha Motor India has announced a change in top management after the completion of tenure of two of its personnel. Hiroaki Fujita, chairman, Yamaha Motor India group of Companies will be succeeded by Motofumi Shitara. Besides taking over as the role of chairman, Shitara will also hold the position of managing director of Yamaha Motor India Private Limited and Yamaha Motor India Sales Private Limited.
Hirokazu Yoshimitsu, has been promoted to the position of the director of Yamaha Motor Sales India Private Limited. He was the vice president of Yamaha Motor India Sales Private Limited.
Yamaha India says that the change in management will help the company strengthen its positon in the market. Yamaha India's last launch was the FZ25. The motorcycle is doing well in the market and is currently the most affordable 250cc motorcycle in the country. The FZ25's relaxed ergonomics and punchy motor as well as the competitive pricing has seen its popularity soar.
Yamaha India is also gearing up to launch the all-new YZF-R15, featuring YZF-R6 inspired styling and more power from its liquid-cooled motor. Expect the bike to debut at the upcoming 2018 Auto Expo.
- News2019 Nissan GT-R prices for the U.S. market announced
- NewsTata Nexon SUV becomes first Indian-origin car to score five-star Global NCAP rating
- NewsShell India and Gordon Murray Design unveil pre-production OX Truck
- News2019 FIA F3 Championship: Jehan Daruvala to drive for Prema Racing
- NewsThe Nissan GT-R50 by Italdesign concept is headed to production in 2019
- NewsTata Harrier SUV seven-seater version to debut in 2019, one of three major Tata launches next year
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Skoda Scala
- News2019 Skoda Scala premium hatchback unveiled internationally
- NewsSuzuki Motorcycle India crosses the 40 lakh sales milestone
- Review2019 Tata Harrier first drive review