MotoGP 2016: Andrea Dovizioso takes Sepang victory
Andrea Dovizioso took a fine win at a very wet Sepang
The 2016 MotoGP season had its ninth different winner, with Andrea Dovizioso claiming victory at a very wet Sepang. Dovizioso managed to stay at the front of the pack all through the race, eventually taking victory, in a race that saw the likes of Cal Crutchlow and Marc Marquez crash out.
That left the battle for first between Rossi and Dovizioso. Unfortunately for the Yamaha team, on the 15th lap Rossi ran wide on the entry to Turn 1, which meant that his Ducati rival was able to pull out a lead that could not be threatened all the way to the chequered flag. He finished nine seconds ahead of Rossi. Yamaha's Jorge Lorenzo finished third.
Ducati's Andrea Dovizioso, flanked by Yamaha riders Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo
It was a fourth place finish for Hector Barbera, while Loris Baz finished fifth, making it a terrific day for the Avintia Ducati team. Maverick Vinales rode his Suzuki to sixth place.
Alvaro Bautista also managed to pick up points for Aprilia, taking seventh place. While Jack Miller took eighth. Ninth place went to Pol Espargaro, while Danilo Petrucci took tenth place.
- NewsLamborghini inaugurates a showroom in New Delhi, India
- NewsBSVI Mahindra XUV500 spotted on test - Launch expected early 2020
- NewsUpcoming 2020 Honda Jazz teased ahead of global debut
- NewsHyundai Venue SUVs set out on the third Great India Drive
- Review2020 Bentley Flying Spur W12 First Drive Review