MotoGP 2016: Andrea Iannone on pole at Austria
Andrea Iannone claimed pole for tomorrow's MotoGP race at Austria
Andrea Iannone did a fine job to take pole position during qualifying for tomorrow's MotoGP race at Austria's Spielberg track. It was Maniac Joe's second-ever pole position, a feat that he achieved with a timing of 1min 23.142sec. And while the Ducatis did look dominant , Yamaha's Valentino Rossi managed to split the two, taking second spot on the grid.
Rossi managed to get ahead of Iannone's team-mate Andrea Dovizioso by a mere 0.009s at the end of Q2. In turn Rossi's Yamaha team-mate Jorge Lorenzo was also fairly dominant, giving the Ducatis a run for their money, eventually settling for fourth place on the grid.
Fifth on the grid went to the injured Marc Marquez, who currently leads the world championship by 48 points from Lorenzo and 59 points from Rossi. Whether or not he will be able to remain competitive all through the race remains to be seen, which means it could be advantage Yamaha at the race tomorrow.
Maverick Vinales managed to make it to sixth on the grid, while Cal Crutchlow, Scott Redding and Aleix Espargaro made up the third row of the grid.
- NewsHarley-Davidson India rolls out new Street to Softail trade-in offer
- NewsKerala floods: Nissan India offers service support to affected customers
- NewsHero MotoCorp re-enters used two-wheeler business with Hero Sure in India
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift to get more safety features
- NewsTata Nexon compact SUV crosses the 50,000 production mark
- NewsAutomobili Pininfarina PF0 all-electric concept hypercar interior revealed
- NewsPorsche Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid sets lap records at six racetracks including BIC
- NewsMercedes-Benz India and its dealers donate Rs 30 lakh to the CM's relief fund in Kerala
- NewsAtacama Rally 2018: Hero MotoSports' Oriol Mena finishes Stage 2 in 10th place, Joaquim Rodrigues 15th
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: CS Santosh to lead charge for Hero Motosport Team Rally