MotoGP 2016: Lorenzo claims FrenchGP pole
The 2015 MotoGP World Champion, Jorge Lorenzo, broke the circuit record at Le Mans to claim pole position. The Spanish rider set a lap time of 1 minute and 31.975 seconds, making him the first MotoGP rider to lap the Bugatti circuit under 1 minute and 32 seconds. Lorenzo was slower during the practice sessions but quickest throughout the Q2 session. This also happens to be the first time that Lorenzo has finished in pole at Le Mans.
Meanwhile, Marc Marquez ran wide in his opening lap but pushed hard to claim second position. Andrea Ianone crashed in the second half of the qualifying session but quickly made it to the pit lane to hop onto the second Desmosedici GP. The Italian rider rode well to claim third position.
The top three riders' teammates, however, had a disappointing qualifying session. Valentino Rossi didn't seem to be quick and had to settle with seventh position. Dani Pederosa had a slow low-side crash and finished Q1 in 11th place. Andrea Dovizioso did better but started in fifth position behind Pol Espargaro. The Spanish rider is the only non-factory rider to make it to the top-5.
- NewsVinod Dasari resigns as MD and CEO of Ashok Leyland
- Review2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 road test review
- NewsSpec comparo: Jawa vs Royal Enfield Classic 350
- NewsMercedes-Benz C-Class facelift petrol to launch in India by the end of 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- News2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 bookings start in India, deliveries post April 2019
- News2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS four-door coupe launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS India launch
- NewsSavita Oil Technologies to supply Tata Motors with original oils
- NewsMahindra Treo electric three-wheeler range with lithium-ion battery pack launched in India at Rs 1.36 lakh