MotoGP 2016: Lorenzo claims FrenchGP pole
The 2015 MotoGP World Champion, Jorge Lorenzo, broke the circuit record at Le Mans to claim pole position. The Spanish rider set a lap time of 1 minute and 31.975 seconds, making him the first MotoGP rider to lap the Bugatti circuit under 1 minute and 32 seconds. Lorenzo was slower during the practice sessions but quickest throughout the Q2 session. This also happens to be the first time that Lorenzo has finished in pole at Le Mans.
Meanwhile, Marc Marquez ran wide in his opening lap but pushed hard to claim second position. Andrea Ianone crashed in the second half of the qualifying session but quickly made it to the pit lane to hop onto the second Desmosedici GP. The Italian rider rode well to claim third position.
The top three riders' teammates, however, had a disappointing qualifying session. Valentino Rossi didn't seem to be quick and had to settle with seventh position. Dani Pederosa had a slow low-side crash and finished Q1 in 11th place. Andrea Dovizioso did better but started in fifth position behind Pol Espargaro. The Spanish rider is the only non-factory rider to make it to the top-5.
Team OD | 13 Jun 2018
Team OD | 11 Jun 2018
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 launched in India at Rs 9.99 lakh
- NewsAutomobile events this week: June 18 - 24
- NewsMotoGP 2018 : Jorge Lorenzo wins the Catalan GP
- NewsAudi global CEO Rupert Stadler arrested over Dieselgate scandal
- NewsMahindra S201 sub-four meter SUV test mule spotted
- NewsRoyal Enfield unveils three new 650 parallel twin-based custom motorcycles at Wheels and Waves 2018
- NewsMercedes-AMG S63 Coupe launched in India at Rs 2.55 crore (ex showroom India)
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-AMG S63 Coupe launch in India
- NewsHonda and Delhi Police educate 1,000 kids about road safety awareness
- NewsIsuzu introduces X-Power variants of the D-Max and the MU-X