MotoGP 2016: Marc Marquez on pole at Argentina
What a front row it is at the second round of the 2016 MotoGP season at Argentina. Marc Marquez on pole, followed by Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo. The results were decided after a rather action packed qualifying session on Saturday, where plenty of riders fell at Turn 1. The last, and perhaps most critical fall during qualifying, happened to be that of Marquez himself. But fortunately, it was after he'd already set his pole lap.
Second and third on the grid, are the Yamaha riders, Rossi and Lorenzo. The pair of them were 0.375s and 0.533s adrift of Marquez.
Heading the second two is the other Repsol Honda, piloted by Dani Pedrosa. Joining him on the second row of the grid are the Ducati riders Andrea Dovizioso in fifth, with Andrea Iannone sixth. The best of the Suzukis is seventh, with Maverick Vinales taking that spot. Eighth place on the grid is Avintia Ducati's Hector Barbera, followed by Cal Crutchlow in ninth, Pol Espargaro tenth, Aleix Espargaro eleventh and Bradley Smith twelfth.
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsF2 2018: Arjun Maini signs with Trident for FIA Formula 2 Championship
- Review2018 TVS Apache RR 310 road test review
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids
- News721PS/770Nm Ferrari 488 Pista comes with the most powerful V8 built by the company
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept