MotoGP 2016: Marquez takes stunning Aragon pole
Marc Marquez claimed his fourth consecutive pole at Aragon
It was Marc Marquez all the way during qualifying for the MotoGP race at Aragon, with the Spanish rider claiming his fourth consecutive pole position at what is something of a home track for him. Marquez, who is currently in the lead of the MotoGP championship standings, set a timing of 1min 48.596sec.
Marquez was ahead of second-placed Maverick Vinales (Ecstar Suzuki), by over six-tenths of a second. The front row was locked out by defending world champion, Yamaha's Jorge Lorenzo.
The second row of the grid is headed by Ducati rider, Andrea Dovizioso in fourth, while Cal Crutchlow took fifth. Sixth place on the grid went to the second Yamaha of Valentino Rossi.
The third row of the grid is headed up by Repsol Honda's Dani Pedrosa, who qualified seventh. The second Ecstar Suzuki of Aleix Espargaro will line up eighth on the grid, with Danilo Petrucci ninth on the grid. Row four sees Scott Redding, Pol Espargaro and Stefan Bradl line up alongside each other.
Nicky Hayden, making a return to MotoGP to replace the injured Jack Miller, could only qualify 19th on the grid.
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- News2018 Kawasaki Z900RS launched in India at Rs 15.3 lakh
- NewsBMW Motorrad cuts motorcycle prices by 10 per cent in India
- Review2018 Ferrari Portofino first drive review
- News2018 Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500X and Thunderbird 350X to be launched in India on February 28, 2018
- NewsKia installs framework of its new manufacturing plant in Andhra Pradesh
- NewsMotoGP: Tech3 and Yamaha to part ways after 2018 season
- Review2018 Yamaha MT-09 first ride review
- NewsSkoda India to hike prices of all models
- NewsDucati launches extended warranty program in India
- News2018 F1: All the Formula 1 cars for the upcoming season launched so far