MotoGP 2017: Dani Pedrosa takes pole in Spain
The qualifying session at Jerez for the fourth MotoGP round came to an end today with Repsol Honda's Dani Pedrosa clinching pole position. He managed to take P1 by going 0.049s quicker than teammate, Marc Marquez, for their home Spanish GP. At the fag end of the qualifying session, Marquez waited for Pedrosa to leave the pits first so he could tuck in behind him. But Pedrosa, who was second until then, set the fastest lap and backed off, sending Marquez out alone on the final lap. Although Marquez was faster than his teammate through the first three sectors, a rear wheel slide at Turn 12 saw him lose P1. LCR Honda's Cal Crutchlow managed to take P3, to make it an all-Honda front row.
Heading the second row at P4 will be Movistar Yamaha's Maverick Viñales, ahead of Andrea Iannone (Team Suzuki Ecstar) and Johann Zarco (Monster Yamaha Tech 3). At P7, Movistar Yamaha's Valentino Rossi will head the third row while Ducati's Jorge Lorenzo, who was just .002s slower, will take P8. Jonas Folger (Monster Yamaha Tech 3) will start from P9, while Jack Miller (Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS) completes the top 10 grid positions for tomorrow's race.
- NewsWRC 2018: Victory at Rallye Deutschland for Ott Tanak
- NewsHonda crosses 1 crore two-wheeler sales in Maharashtra, Gujarat, and Goa combined
- News2018 Tata Tigor JTP spied with twin barrel exhaust
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz launched in India at a price of Rs 8.19 lakh
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz - Watch Live Launch
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander launched in India for Rs 31.95 lakh ex-showroom
- NewsHyundai announces investment in Indian self-drive car sharing company Revv
- NewsMini Urban Drive experience begins in India
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift to be launched in India today
- NewsHyundai AH2 (Santro) hatchback naming contest begins in India