MotoGP 2017: Honda claims constructor's championship at Sepang
The MotoGP race at Sepang was critical for more reasons than just one. Since it was the penultimate race of the season, it would prove to be very important not only in terms of the rider's championship, but also in terms of the constructor's championship. And it just so happened, that Sepang, inclement weather and all, proved to be the deciding race for the latter.
While it was Andrea Dovizioso of Ducati who won the race ahead of Jorge Lorenzo and Johann Zarco, Honda's Marc Marquez could finish no higher than fourth place. This, combined with Dani Pedrosa's fifth place finish and Cal Crutchlow's point for 15th place, helped earn Honda the 2017 MotoGP Constructor's Championship title.
This is Honda's 23rd Constructor's Championship title in MotoGP, and its sixth such title in the last seven seasons.
Speaking after the race Marc Marquez, said, "Of course now we need to keep focussed, to train well this week, and to work to be at 100 per cent on Sunday in Valencia without relaxing too much with the advantage we have. Today we won the Constructor Title, and that's a first step!"
Marquez will now try to seal the 2017 rider's championship title at Valencia, where he needs to beat Dovizioso, who still has a chance at clinching the championship. It's going to be a nail-biting season finale!
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsDucati launches extended warranty program in India
- News2018 F1: All the Formula 1 cars launched so far
- NewsF2 2018: Arjun Maini signs with Trident for FIA Formula 2 Championship
- Review2018 TVS Apache RR 310 road test review
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids
- News721PS/770Nm Ferrari 488 Pista comes with the most powerful V8 built by the company
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased