MotoGP 2017: Honda claims constructor's championship at Sepang
The MotoGP race at Sepang was critical for more reasons than just one. Since it was the penultimate race of the season, it would prove to be very important not only in terms of the rider's championship, but also in terms of the constructor's championship. And it just so happened, that Sepang, inclement weather and all, proved to be the deciding race for the latter.
While it was Andrea Dovizioso of Ducati who won the race ahead of Jorge Lorenzo and Johann Zarco, Honda's Marc Marquez could finish no higher than fourth place. This, combined with Dani Pedrosa's fifth place finish and Cal Crutchlow's point for 15th place, helped earn Honda the 2017 MotoGP Constructor's Championship title.
This is Honda's 23rd Constructor's Championship title in MotoGP, and its sixth such title in the last seven seasons.
Speaking after the race Marc Marquez, said, "Of course now we need to keep focussed, to train well this week, and to work to be at 100 per cent on Sunday in Valencia without relaxing too much with the advantage we have. Today we won the Constructor Title, and that's a first step!"
- NewsINRC 2019: Mahindra Adventure and Gaurav Gill will compete in the remaining rounds of the national rally championship
- News2020 Volvo XC40 Recharge electric SUV unveiled
- NewsNext-generation 2020 Skoda Octavia shown in sketches ahead of November 11 reveal
- NewsIndian rider Harith Noah part of Sherco TVS's Dakar 2020 ride lineup
- NewsLamborghini inaugurates a showroom in New Delhi, India
Get the latest auto updates delivered to your mailbox!