MotoGP 2017: Honda claims constructor's championship at Sepang
The MotoGP race at Sepang was critical for more reasons than just one. Since it was the penultimate race of the season, it would prove to be very important not only in terms of the rider's championship, but also in terms of the constructor's championship. And it just so happened, that Sepang, inclement weather and all, proved to be the deciding race for the latter.
While it was Andrea Dovizioso of Ducati who won the race ahead of Jorge Lorenzo and Johann Zarco, Honda's Marc Marquez could finish no higher than fourth place. This, combined with Dani Pedrosa's fifth place finish and Cal Crutchlow's point for 15th place, helped earn Honda the 2017 MotoGP Constructor's Championship title.
This is Honda's 23rd Constructor's Championship title in MotoGP, and its sixth such title in the last seven seasons.
Speaking after the race Marc Marquez, said, "Of course now we need to keep focussed, to train well this week, and to work to be at 100 per cent on Sunday in Valencia without relaxing too much with the advantage we have. Today we won the Constructor Title, and that's a first step!"
- NewsSuzuki Gixxer SF 250 images leaked ahead of its official launch
- NewsSuzuki Gixxer SF 155 spotted ahead of its official launch
- NewsExclusive: Hyundai Venue sub-compact SUV prices leaked ahead of its official launch
- NewsInterview: MG India's Rajeev Chaba on strategy, new products and BSVI
- NewsUpdated TVS Apache RR 310 coming soon!
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip