MotoGP 2017: Marc Marquez on pole at Brno
Marc Marquez will start the Czech Grand Prix at Brno from pole position. The Repsol Honda rider claimed pole at the track with a time of 1min 54.981sec. He was a slim 0.092sec ahead of Yamaha's Valentino Rossi. Also lining up on the front row of the grid is Dani Pedrosa, Marquez's Repsol Honda team-mate.
Repsol Honda's Marc Marquez claimed pole at Brno
The second row of the grid sees both the Ducatis of Andrea Dovizioso and Jorge Lorenzo lining up fourth and sixth, split by Cal Crutchlow on the LCR Honda. Crutchlow, had suffered a crash at FP3 at Brno, and took part in qualifying, against the advice of doctors. He has since been declared fit to race.
The third row of the grid sees Yamaha's Maverick Vinales line up alongside Danilo Petrucci and Alvaro Bautista in seventh, eighth and ninth position on the grid. Tenth place on the grid is occupied by Johann Zarco who had set the fastest during FP1.
Pole-man Marquez has stated that he feels confident of doing well during the race, and, irrespective of the weather, has felt good all weekend. Marquez currently leads the championship standings with 129 points, with Vinales just five points behind on 124. Dovizio, with 123 points, occupies third spot in the championship standings, with Rossi just behind on 119 points.
- NewsMercedes-Benz A-Class hatchback gets new diesel engines in Europe
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift recalled over faulty speedometer assembly
- NewsIsuzu D-Max V-Cross now available with the limited run 'Jonty Rhodes Limited 30' package for Rs 1.99 lakh
- NewsMcLaren Speedtail testing begins before 2020 deliveries
- NewsHonda Cars India could launch its first electric vehicle in India by 2023-2024
- NewsSete Gibernau joins 2019 MotoE rider line-up
- News2018 Mahindra Scorpio S9 launched in India at Rs 13.99 lakh
- FeaturesTVS Apache: Three million and counting...
- NewsTata 45X premium hatchback spotted testing ahead of Diwali 2019 launch
- NewsThird generation Mercedes-Benz CLS four-door coupe to launch in India on November 16